What's new

Help with pottery

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help find the maker of this piece? On the side there is a FM
 
You don't show the top but I'm guessing it's open, so it may be an ikebana (ee-kay-bah-na) vase.

The characters on the art side say something like "native village" or "home town". The other side is likely a poem about "home town". You can see the kanji is repeated on the left. BTW that pic is upside down...

I won't even venture in to the hand written, stylized characters of the poem.

I don't think the piece is really old. "Vintage" to my eye - meaning not older than me.

I'll speculate that it's a copy or artistic interpretation of a famous Japanese wood block print.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you DC yes the top is open
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom