What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED I found this near a dumpster

rickertmork

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2024
Messages
377
Reaction score
764
Golden Thread
0
this thing appears to have serious craftsmanship. Is the makers mark hidden? I scrubbed it with oil and a copper brush for a bit. Maybe one of you a.I. people can find something
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9138.webp
    IMG_9138.webp
    505.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9137.webp
    IMG_9137.webp
    816.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9136.webp
    IMG_9136.webp
    574 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9135.webp
    IMG_9135.webp
    806.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9134.webp
    IMG_9134.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9133.webp
    IMG_9133.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9132.webp
    IMG_9132.webp
    886.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9131.webp
    IMG_9131.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9130.webp
    IMG_9130.webp
    734.7 KB · Views: 59
Make sure you don’t get oils on the Woden handle. And wipe the wood with linseed oil every few months.
Don’t get oil on the handle but wipe it with oil? 😂. No worries. I’ve been on a Nutritarian diet for over 5 years. No sugar, salt or oil. All oils destroy your endothelial cells. ALL oils.
 
Upvote 0
Don’t get oil on the handle but wipe it with oil? 😂. No worries. I’ve been on a Nutritarian diet for over 5 years. No sugar, salt or oil. All oils destroy your endothelial cells. ALL oils.
I learned that from gun restoration videos. Most people put too much oil on the gun and it ruins the wood. Linseed oil creates a waterproofing of sorts or some kind of similar product for wood finish. And by the way salt isn’t bad for you, if it’s high quality sea salt. One of The best salts in the world is real salt from Utah or any kind of grey sea salt.
 
Upvote 0
Yes sir, I would not trust that diet it sounds like a scam. I actually know for a fact. Has it cured anything?
 
Upvote 0
I learned that from gun restoration videos. Most people put too much oil on the gun and it ruins the wood. Linseed oil creates a waterproofing of sorts or some kind of similar product for wood finish. And by the way salt isn’t bad for you, if it’s high quality sea salt. One of The best salts in the world is real salt from Utah or any kind of grey sea salt.
Salt is abrasive to your artery lining, which causes cholesterol to form soft repair patches which are dangerous if they rupture. There are different types of chemically formulated salt, I forget the details and names. I found it easier to just avoid it completely. I get more than enough naturally from seaweed and I can even taste the salt in celery. Dr Essylstein chief heart surgeon from the Cleveland clinic explains it all for anyone interested. Politics, religion and diet are the best argument starters so I’m learning to avoid them. Even my wife says “I could never eat like you do.” I tell her “you don’t have to. But you can’t keep eating like you do.” She’s ten years younger and I’d hate for her to die before I do. Aside of that everyone has free will and are responsible for themselves. I don’t care what they eat. 👍
 
Upvote 0
Salt is abrasive to your artery lining, which causes cholesterol to form soft repair patches which are dangerous if they rupture. There are different types of chemically formulated salt, I forget the details and names. I found it easier to just avoid it completely. I get more than enough naturally from seaweed and I can even taste the salt in celery. Dr Essylstein chief heart surgeon from the Cleveland clinic explains it all for anyone interested. Politics, religion and diet are the best argument starters so I’m learning to avoid them. Even my wife says “I could never eat like you do.” I tell her “you don’t have to. But you can’t keep eating like you do.” She’s ten years younger and I’d hate for her to die before I do. Aside of that everyone has free will and are responsible for themselves. I don’t care what they eat. 👍
Here’s what the computer said, but anyways you have to understand the ou are talking about crappy table salt with fake ingredients and cheap manufacturing using chemicals and powders. Certain kinds of sea salt are very freaking good for you. I get in arguments regularly as well.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9227.webp
    IMG_9227.webp
    184.6 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
Salt is abrasive to your artery lining, which causes cholesterol to form soft repair patches which are dangerous if they rupture.
I don't know where that came from, but .... it's just not so. Your blood is naturally composed of about 0.9% salt. If salt scratched your arteries, none of us would live to adulthood.

Now if you're mainlining rock salt, I could see how that would be a problem.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know where that came from, but .... it's just not so. Your blood is naturally composed of about 0.9% salt. If salt scratched your arteries, none of us would live to adulthood.

Now if you're mainlining rock salt, I could see how that would be a problem.
Well it killed my father and sent me to the ER for a stent so I think I know a little about it. You’re right. You don’t know where that came from. Go find out. Or don’t. Like I already said. I don’t care. The inherit has in our blood is nitrogen. What happens when there’s too much? Like I SAID, 3 things that start arguments ….
 
Upvote 0
Here’s what the computer said, but anyways you have to understand the ou are talking about crappy table salt with fake ingredients and cheap manufacturing using chemicals and powders. Certain kinds of sea salt are very freaking good for you. I get in arguments regularly as well.
So drinking sea water should be safe. According to you?
 
Upvote 0
I don't know where that came from, but .... it's just not so. Your blood is naturally composed of about 0.9% salt. If salt scratched your arteries, none of us would live to adulthood.

Now if you're mainlining rock salt, I could see how that would be a problem.
So drinking sea water should be safe. According to you?look up real salt from Utah to see how real salt is made.
 
Upvote 0
Well it killed my father and sent me to the ER for a stent so I think I know a little about it. You’re right. You don’t know where that came from. Go find out. Or don’t. Like I already said. I don’t care. The inherit has in our blood is nitrogen. What happens when there’s too much? Like I SAID, 3 things that start arguments ….
I'm sorry for your experiences, and I don't discount them. I'm just saying salt can't get to your arteries in a form that will scratch them, and the presence of salt in your blood is not only normal, it is absolutely necessary for you to live. There is such a thing as too much, of course, and that's where you get into trouble. I agree with you that cutting out the added salt, sugar, oils, and other undesirables in processed foods is the way to go.
 
Upvote 0
For $168.00 and all the time & craftsmanship involved in making this beautiful knife ! What a deal !
I didn’t pay any money for the knife i found it in a bag full of knives and kitchen stuff near a dumpster
 
Upvote 0
Pure salt is the result of reacting hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide. I doubt that any of it is made this way because it is so available naturally. Salts from the sea or from evaporated seawater such as salt flats or underground deposits are are mainly sodium chloride but also contain other salts including those of metals like magnesium, calcium and potassium. I'm not sure why dietary sea salt has become a fad recently nor the relative health benefits of the various salts. We need some salt but too much is harmful and our modern diet tends to contain too much.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom