What's new

Help with the maker on this lock!!

Charmin

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
2,284
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This lock part was found at an old foundation site. My daughter(she found it) and I were just wondering if anyone could tell who made it by the symbols on the face plate?? Thanks for looking! regards, sandcreek4
 

Attachments

  • P1060134.webp
    P1060134.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 214
  • P1060135.webp
    P1060135.webp
    129.8 KB · Views: 201
  • P1060136.webp
    P1060136.webp
    120.3 KB · Views: 202
The Pennsylvania Rail Road used the Keystone design on their locks, with initials in the middle for the particular application. The Keystone is a distinctly Pennsylvania symbol, so I'm guessing that's at least the state it's from.
 
Upvote 0
NHbenz said:
The Pennsylvania Rail Road used the Keystone design on their locks, with initials in the middle for the particular application. The Keystone is a distinctly Pennsylvania symbol, so I'm guessing that's at least the state it's from.
Thanks, NHbenz--so that's a "Keystone" symbol, then? I'll google that and see what I come up with! regards~~~sandcreek4
 
Upvote 0
As Ben notes, the keystone is indeed a Pennsylvania symbol. The Old English letters "IA" on the lock are unattributed, as far as I know. The lock was manufactured by the E. T. Fraim Lock Co. of Lancaster, PA, and should be marked (perhaps on the part missing), "Patd. Mar. 12, 1908." If complete, the lock would be worth around $20-30.
 
Upvote 0
PBK said:
As Ben notes, the keystone is indeed a Pennsylvania symbol. The Old English letters "IA" on the lock are unattributed, as far as I know. The lock was manufactured by the E. T. Fraim Lock Co. of Lancaster, PA, and should be marked (perhaps on the part missing), "Patd. Mar. 12, 1908." If complete, the lock would be worth around $20-30.
Thank you so much, PBK! That's what we needed to know!! kind regards, sandcreek
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom