Help with this Candy dish

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought two of these today and cannot find much information online. Of course I only have my phone to work with so since I'm out of town I wanted to ask if anyone can find any useful info on it. I never use a sticker to buy off of but I've never seen one like this so I bought it just because the sticker says silver. I think I have to pull the felt piece off of the bottom for a makers Mark. But I have nothing to work with so I'm going have to wait until I get home to get a razor knife to get it off. I'm going to picture one of them. Just trying to see if anyone has any thoughts or any useful information because looking on my phone is not working.

( I actually just found the 925 mark on the pedestal) signed R 925, just can't find any information on my phone what it is or if it's worth anything.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459298142.297409.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459298160.961505.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459298178.559321.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459298196.559987.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459298277.943526.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459298365.206339.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm....not much out there on Google. Found another dish the same shape, but blue. The person posted their query on at least 2 sites in 2008, as that's all that's coming up for me. Here's the posts from the first:

ID on Crystal & Silver footed dish
freeskyMay 19, 2008

Hi,
I have an Italian bonbon,candy dish,footed dish?? The sticker on it say's "Creazioni Susy Modelli Esclusivi,Cristallo E Argento 925,Lavorato A Mano,SUSY." Translated,"Creations Susy Models exclusive rights,Crystal and Silver 925 (92.5% Silver,7.5% Copper)Worked by hand." The crystal is a clear blue flower shape and the footing is Silver with some leaves and grapes,apples and pears.Looking for any information so I can research it.Can't find anything on the net.I have no idea how to attach a picture.I have read faq on the subject of images which doesnt help me.If someone can tell me how to add images in laymens terms any help would be appreciated.I can't find antique's in "image" categories??
freesky

Sounds lovely!
Not sure what you want to know...other than how to post a picture!
It's Italian, sterling frame, crystal bowl. Have you looked on the bowl for a mark ro signature? Is there a mark on the silver portion?
To post a picture, go to Photobucket and follow the directions to upload your picture there then copy and paste the "tag" link in to the body of your message here.
Linda C

Sorry to say....the pictures are not very clear.....and doesn't show any size.
Are there any marks other than the paper label? Where did you get it? Did someone bring it back from Italy as a souvinier? Was it not made for "import" that is to be sold in this country?
Does the glass part come out of the silver stand? What does the bottom of the glass look like....
They say a picture is worth 1000 words....but not always!!LOL!
Linda C

Apparently the company did not export their products. Maybe that is a plus, as it is virtually unheard of here. I believe it is supposed to be of fairly high quality there in Italy. ...You might just have a valuable find. Am certain you could at least get your money back out of it!! Like the description above, does yours look/feel like it might be silver?

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful piece. Worth looking into. How can you go wrong with Crystal and Silver?

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I think it's a overlay also of Sterling. Looking at it better I don't know think it is solid either. [emoji17]

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009