What's new

Help with two items.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
1,355
Golden Thread
3
Location
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help id'ing these two items the iron object is 8 inches long and 3/4 of an inch at its widest. The brass item is 2 inches long and very solid. Arty
 

Attachments

  • two inches.webp
    two inches.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 470
  • Sp.webp
    Sp.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 469
first item looks like a wheel skid for a piece of furniture
 
Upvote 0
artyfacts I think the brass item is some sort of buggy shaft tip? HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • buggy tip.gif
    buggy tip.gif
    57.6 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0
Is the long iron part from a spike tooth harrow, a type of farming implement???

The cap looks like it would cover a piece of wood to keep water out and prevent damage to the wood.
 
Upvote 0
The nose cone from a rocket and a rusty old round rasp? Beats me! M :laughing7: nty
 
Upvote 0
Monty you are a rocket man, thanks for the laugh.

Broken knee, I was thinking the same when I found it. It was hand chased across the part that would be seen, so it would have been on something horizontal. Thanks

The hand forged piece kind of looks like a punch to me. It looks like it was used on something that did not give, hence the bent tip. If the tip was ment to be bent I would go with Peeber and a graver. I guess I will stop at the blacksmiths this spring and see if he recognizes it.

Thanks All, Arty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom