What's new

Help with writing

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help with this writing on the back of this cross? It is blurry and I can?t make it out hoping someone can......or find a similar one....I think it is bronze not magnetic
 
If no one can read the writing, maybe try holding it at a low angle with the sun or light source behind you. That works sometimes when trying to read a date on a coin. Or try placing a clean piece of paper across it and rubbing it gently w/ a soft pencil.
 
Upvote 0
I can't help on the words but the styling of the piece is Art Deco. 1920's - 30's, I'm guessing.

Do a search on Lambert-Rucki crucifix to see similar items.

Nails through the hands may also indicate this is a earlier piece. More modern depictions have nails through the wrists...
 
Upvote 0
You may want to search John Lambert Rucki. I saw a few crucifixes in this general style that were made by him.


cruc.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It says...

M
A
D
E

I.... N....

C
H
iNA

:P
 
Upvote 0
The cross is wood...?
Then, if it is, we are looking at ink, that blurred itself, soaking into the wood....
Sorry, we can't help...!
More forensic analysis is needed, to get the ink dated, and clarify the writing...,
and that would be expensive...!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom