What's new

Help?

Never found indian artifacts before but it could be a scraper?
 
Harder to tell the size of the thingy, But I have scrapers or cutting stones like this. Knives aren't usually sharpened on both sides but they sometimes held them with a piece of leather.

HH,
Sandman
 
It kind've looks like an Adena blade... I've found caches of anywhere from 7 to 15 of these at once... very nice point.

HH

Steven
 
it looks to be some sort of scraper or knife blade, i dont believe it is large enough to be an axe head, and there are no markings on it to put it on any kind of handle or shaft that i can see.
just my opinion...i have been known to be wrong.
lgp
 
I agree with headhunter on this one. I think its a preform(an unfinished point).
 
looks like it's fluted in that pic which would make me say arrowhead/spear.Does the other side have a flute?I've seen Tampas too that are very similar.NICE FIND!!HH!NATE
 
I'm going with the adena type blade. Not a preform, but a finished piece and a nice one at that!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom