OP
OP
C

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
I will try to post pic,s of pump. 0914130948a.jpg 0914130948a.jpg

Timmy Tom

Aug 14, 2012
It might have been pressed on. Maybe a spocket puller. Do a web search for taking one apart.

TT

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catfish, give the motor shaft on both sides of the pump a good wetting down with a good penetrating oil and let it sit for a couple of days to soak/penetrate and soften any rust/crud that could be accumulated between the motor shaft and the pump housing.

Like TT sugested, check out the internet for your particular brand of pump/motor for disassembly of your unit. Also as TT indicated a sprocket puller or gear puller will likely be required. Most likely it will mean attaching the puller at the outer edges of the impeller and pushing against the center of the motor shaft. Do all of this carefully as you do not want to damage the motor shaft threads or the end of it or the pump housing. If it were I doing this I would loosen the nut that holds the impeller on but leave the nut there till the impeller starts to come off. Remove the nut only after the impeller is quite loose.

Best of success with your repair......................63bkpkr

GarySluicie

Greenie
Aug 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey catfish, is that nut part of the assembly? And is the shaft itself threaded on the outside? Sometimes the impellers are threaded like a dredge pump. If the nut is a separate part...the shaft is tapered pressed on only by the nut. Loosen the nut a little like 63bkpkr said. I used to repair small engine equipment like this, you may need to use a prybar (carefully) put pressure towards the nut from behind. Once you have firm but careful pressure, whack the nut square with a dead blow or a ball peen (flat side). It should pop right off. Pry a lil harder if it doesn't come off the first time.

Good luck and get out there to find some yella

claygold

Nov 3, 2012
Dynamite.

have the same pump just pry gently around the edges of impeller with a big screwdriver it will come off slowly but best to use puller take bolt out all the way shaft has a key on it they get rusty i take mine off every three months an clean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread