creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Mar 10, 2020 #1 Pewter ..I think .. integral cast shank...5/8" in diameter... depicts something, but who knows what? Attachments Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.07.08 PM.webp 111 KB · Views: 123 Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.08.47 PM.webp 80.6 KB · Views: 70
tamrock Platinum Member Joined Jan 16, 2013 Messages 16,407 Reaction score 34,878 Golden Thread 0 Location Colorado Detector(s) used Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 10, 2020 #2 There's something on it. Upvote 0
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,020 Reaction score 28,175 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Mar 11, 2020 #3 Definitely an oldie, probably 18thc. I tried to 'clean up' the face, unfortunately I can't see a design on the front. Dave Attachments Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.07.08 PM.webp 263.8 KB · Views: 67 Upvote 0
Definitely an oldie, probably 18thc. I tried to 'clean up' the face, unfortunately I can't see a design on the front. Dave
G Gambrinus Sr. Member Joined Dec 25, 2015 Messages 313 Reaction score 479 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 11, 2020 #4 Maybe it used to be a wax seal stamp. https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...kp4KwBw&bih=632&biw=1360&client=firefox-b-1-d Upvote 0
Maybe it used to be a wax seal stamp. https://www.google.com/search?q=ant...kp4KwBw&bih=632&biw=1360&client=firefox-b-1-d
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 11, 2020 #5 I would clean it more better to try to know what it is than to not know if it can be cleaned more Upvote 0
GoldieLocks Bronze Member Joined Dec 28, 2019 Messages 1,079 Reaction score 1,122 Golden Thread 0 Location Nevada Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 11, 2020 #6 Try to do a rubbing on paper. Upvote 0
creskol Gold Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 13,882 Reaction score 23,351 Golden Thread 2 🥇 Banner finds 2 Primary Interest: Other Mar 11, 2020 Thread Owner #7 This is the best I can do with it. You can make out things a little better under a loupe. Something there, but to dfar gone to tell what it was. Attachments 6C46EF0D-9046-4F87-A38B-26D20B2A39C5_1_201_a.webp 1.2 MB · Views: 80 Upvote 0
This is the best I can do with it. You can make out things a little better under a loupe. Something there, but to dfar gone to tell what it was.
A Anduril Bronze Member Joined Aug 31, 2015 Messages 1,239 Reaction score 1,602 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used Garrett GTI-2500 Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 11, 2020 #8 On your first pic.... I see "Super" with a little R in a circle (like the symbol for a registered trademark). Of course, it could also say "Eat at Joe's". This baby is toasted. Upvote 0
On your first pic.... I see "Super" with a little R in a circle (like the symbol for a registered trademark). Of course, it could also say "Eat at Joe's". This baby is toasted.