here is your second offer to win a morgan dollar

treasure-prospector said:
does a tower of EURO 1 cents count too? I have not that many US cents...
sorry nope
us lincoln cent
its because of lincolns big head the coins are hard to stack

Okay....when I read the BWilly did 120....I wouldn't believe it till they posted a pic...well, dang blast it...they did!!! :(

Well, I've been working the last couple of days to break my 100 record...got to 107..then saw BWilly's post and said there was NO WAY I would beat that one....I couldn't get past 107!!! :-\

Well....at at 5:00 am when my dau woke me up cause she forgot her house key...I sat at the dining table and worked it abit....couldn't even get to 100 :'(

Then, throughout the day...I would go work it again. The last time I sat down ... I felt comfortable, relaxed and confident that I would surpass my 107 mark...well..got to 110....then went for the gusto and stacked more pennies to totall 121!!!

Well, I couldn't stop there...I decided to see if I could get 130...sure enough...then said...."Ok, one more penny for the record!"....I DID IT!!! ;D

Then I said, "Ok...just one more to surpass the record..."...I DID IT!!!! :D Keeping my hands steady as possible as not to bump the rising tower of pennies....

Then I just couldn't stop....with each penny I successfully placed on the tower...I snapped a pic...then...OMG...my heart broke....I had just placed my 137th penny on the stack....grabbed the paper and wrote it down and went to put the paper behind my tower and the blasted paper hit the tower and they ALL came tumbling down.... >:( >:(....I don't know to what heights I would have succeeded at and right now...I don't really care to try again....I'm just excited to post this photo of my TOWER OF PENNIES standing TALL AND PROUD at 136!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I broke the previous record of 131 by 5 pennies!!! ::) :P ;D ;D ;D

The second photo is my TOWER OF RUMBLED PENNIES at 137 laying on the table .... :'( :'( :-\ :'( :'(

Thanks for looking!
Annmarie

Attachments

• Img_1124a.jpg
    Img_1124a.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 463
  • Img_1125a.jpg
    Img_1125a.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 450
Awesome stacking there, I would have liked to see the 137.....perhaps we should try video.....although that may sound silly counting to 120 or so and it taking several minutes lol.

I have one thing to say

OUTSTANDING.

I believe you may have just broke the worlds record of 131.

131 pennys is the most i could find recorded on line
the guinness book of records doesnt show any
but maby they would consider yours
check it out.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/default.aspx

I think you may just win this contest thats a tough act to fallow.
imasimpressed.

Way to go Annmarie. That is one monster pile of pennies.

I can't seem to get much past 50 :(

But I can catch 10 flinging them off my elbow,,, so I got that goin for me. ;)

Awww Shucks Ya'll....it wasn't anything.... :D ... YEAH RIGHT!!! You don't know how fustrated I was trying to stack those and the dissappointing part....when I couldn't get back up to 100!!! It was pure luck, patience and remaining extremely calm and careful and recording each new penny with a pic...and had to keep telling myself...TAKE PIC FIRST!!! LOL

BWilly....when I saw your 120...I did not think for one minute I would be able to surpass your stack!!! You were my "inspiration" to exceed where I did not think I could go! Thank You!!! :) ;D

Treasure Tales....thank you. I thought about it, the World Record...but I don't know...would they accept this stack I did, even though they did not witness me doing it nor did I take a video...(wish I did now! Hindsight)....hmmm? Guess it wouldn't hurt to try....

Madmardigan.....that would be something I would like to see...can you do a video of you catching 10 pennies off your elbow? I can't do that (well, I don't like the word CAN'T...we are all capable of doing something, some just take longer than others to acquire the skill...)....but I have never tried it....Thank you also....that was a feat in itself....one that I have been trying to recreate this morning!! LOL (to no avail...can't seem to get past 120 now :()

Imafishingnutt....thank you as well....whew....I don't think it's much about winning the Morgan Dollar (at first it was)....it was more about how far I could go and see if I could exceed what BWilly posted!!! I never stacked pennies before, not like this....most I ever stacked was piles of 10 to put in wrappers LOL! I just may contact the World Record folks and see if they will accept this...never know...huh? Thanks again!

Nsimeone.....I wish now I had a video going of this...especially after I got past 121!!! Dang it....but that's ok....I got pics of each penny I stacked as the tower grew!!! And what a challenge that was....never in my wildest dreams did I think I would get past 100!!!!!!! That was fustrating just building that!!! LOL Thanks again!

I have been sitting at the table off and on this morning just to see if I can recreate and can't seem to steady the pile at 120....I need that frame of mind and calmness I had yesterday in order to complete it I think...LOL. Also, weeding through the pennies again...as some are worn more than others, some are lopsided from wear and making sure I don't put any on the pile that has something stuck to the penny!!

If I can exceed MY record...I'll post...but I really don't think I will...:(...my goal when doing that yesterday...I really wanted to see if I could get to 150!!!!!!! I probably would have gotton really close if my paper had not TOUCHED MY TOWER!!!!!! >:(

Thanks again all...this was really fun!!!!!!!!!
Annmarie

Ann Marie, I still cant believe that you got as high as you did. But you have the pics to prove it (Believe me, I even did my best to count them in your pic!) That is amazing. After I saw your post, I was even more determined to get higher but couldn't get past 105-110. I know what you mean about looking at the pennies a little closer, looking for ones that are worn or have anything sticking to them. At first I thought I would try putting them all face up or face down, but that doesn't seem to matter. What is really frustrating is hearing them adjust on themselves as you add the additional weight higher up. And once they get so high, you really can't do much adjusting of the ones lower down...that just seems to make it worse. I am planning on trying a couple more times to see if I can even get close to your record, but things don't look good. I'm almost at the point where I want to go to the bank & see if they have whole rolls of brand new ones & see if that makes a difference. I guess I'll only know if I try it. ;)

Anyhoo, congrats on the huge pile!

bwilly36

bwilly36 said:
Ann Marie, I still cant believe that you got as high as you did. But you have the pics to prove it (Believe me, I even did my best to count them in your pic!) That is amazing. After I saw your post, I was even more determined to get higher but couldn't get past 105-110. I know what you mean about looking at the pennies a little closer, looking for ones that are worn or have anything sticking to them. At first I thought I would try putting them all face up or face down, but that doesn't seem to matter. What is really frustrating is hearing them adjust on themselves as you add the additional weight higher up. And once they get so high, you really can't do much adjusting of the ones lower down...that just seems to make it worse. I am planning on trying a couple more times to see if I can even get close to your record, but things don't look good. I'm almost at the point where I want to go to the bank & see if they have whole rolls of brand new ones & see if that makes a difference. I guess I'll only know if I try it. ;)

Anyhoo, congrats on the huge pile!

bwilly36
i was thinking wheatys would stack better because of the wreath on the back instead of a memorial

OOOOH, maybe! Now if I can put together 150 wheaties....I don't want to pull them out of books or plastic to do it. Cant wait to get home to try it!

willy

bwilly36 said:
OOOOH, maybe! Now if I can put together 150 wheaties....I don't want to pull them out of books or plastic to do it. Cant wait to get home to try it!

willy
...he he he i think i siked em out...lol

Hmmmm....bwilly....how'd you do? I figured by now you would have beat my stack...(I have been trying to recreate it, to no avail...:()....

IMA....here's the pic of the envelope....heading to the PO in a few minutes. Will let you know the outcome.

Attachments

• 010a.jpg
    010a.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 011a.jpg
    011a.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 263
PO probably closed........ if not good luck.

If I remember correctly - IMA you are the one that has had several coins disappear. IMHO it's gotta be the same individual doing it. If you have taken them to another post office than you normally use and they disappear as well - look at the main post office that processes em. (they route through one then go to another) Everything here eventually goes through Johnson City. If I sent a letter to somewhere out of state from my local post office, it would go first Church Hill, Then Kingsport, then Johnson City, then to either the Main post office of that region or Knoxville, cant remember since the recent post office changes. I say it's somebody that knows you send coins frequently. Just an idea, and trying to throw out some suggestions here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back