treasure-prospector
Jr. Member
does a tower of EURO 1 cents count too? I have not that many US cents...
sorry nopetreasure-prospector said:does a tower of EURO 1 cents count too? I have not that many US cents...




Keeping my hands steady as possible as not to bump the rising tower of pennies....
....I don't know to what heights I would have succeeded at and right now...I don't really care to try again....I'm just excited to post this photo of my TOWER OF PENNIES standing TALL AND PROUD at 136!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I broke the previous record of 131 by 5 pennies!!!
:P




... YEAH RIGHT!!! You don't know how fustrated I was trying to stack those and the dissappointing part....when I couldn't get back up to 100!!! It was pure luck, patience and remaining extremely calm and careful and recording each new penny with a pic...and had to keep telling myself...TAKE PIC FIRST!!! LOL

)
...my goal when doing that yesterday...I really wanted to see if I could get to 150!!!!!!! I probably would have gotton really close if my paper had not TOUCHED MY TOWER!!!!!! 

i was thinking wheatys would stack better because of the wreath on the back instead of a memorialbwilly36 said:Ann Marie, I still cant believe that you got as high as you did. But you have the pics to prove it (Believe me, I even did my best to count them in your pic!) That is amazing. After I saw your post, I was even more determined to get higher but couldn't get past 105-110. I know what you mean about looking at the pennies a little closer, looking for ones that are worn or have anything sticking to them. At first I thought I would try putting them all face up or face down, but that doesn't seem to matter. What is really frustrating is hearing them adjust on themselves as you add the additional weight higher up. And once they get so high, you really can't do much adjusting of the ones lower down...that just seems to make it worse. I am planning on trying a couple more times to see if I can even get close to your record, but things don't look good. I'm almost at the point where I want to go to the bank & see if they have whole rolls of brand new ones & see if that makes a difference. I guess I'll only know if I try it.
Anyhoo, congrats on the huge pile!
bwilly36
...he he he i think i siked em out...lolbwilly36 said:OOOOH, maybe! Now if I can put together 150 wheaties....I don't want to pull them out of books or plastic to do it. Cant wait to get home to try it!
willy
)....