Heres another newbie question

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another newbie question

I am new to ebay and have sold about 10 items. Thing is, I ship the item and leave feedback as soon as I'm notified by Paypal that they have deposited the money. Now I see that the money may take even a few weeks before it "clears" in Paypal and I can access it. Should I hold back on the shipping until the money is actually accessible by me in Paypal? I thought the items were supposed to ship within 2 days or so after they make payment.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am new to ebay and have sold about 10 items. Thing is, I ship the item and leave feedback as soon as I'm notified by Paypal that they have deposited the money. Now I see that the money may take even a few weeks before it "clears" in Paypal and I can access it. Should I hold back on the shipping until the money is actually accessible by me in Paypal? I thought the items were supposed to ship within 2 days or so after they make payment.
No, ship immediately. The money is there, after so many good transactions pay pal gives you immediate access to your money. Kind of like building trust...

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that is just a safeguard to prevent someone from selling a ton of items and then not shipping and running with the money or similar problems.

You're doing the right thing and shipping when they pay. Eventually, you'll have the funds immediately.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I always wait a couple of weeks before leaving feedback for the buyer. Even though you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, there have been a few times when a buyer turned out to be a real ass. I don't leave feedback for a-holes so I give it a couple of weeks to be sure my buyer isn't going to jerk me around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread