What's new

Heres one hell of a relic find for you.

thats crazy!
 
I Can't believe the track Drives sprocket & wheels turned after all those years :o
was there since the 40's Right ?
I would have thought the bearings would have been frozen by now.


Cool recovery :notworthy: !

I never tire of seeing more tanks being recovered, Why didn't a few sink here ? :tongue3:
 
Theres very little oxygen in deep mud and marshs.Thats why theyre so well preserved.Theres another video of a Russian T-34 being pulled out.After pulling it out,the fuel pump,along with the fuel, was replaced along with a few bearings and the tank started right up.I'll post it when i come across the video.
 
Theres very little oxygen in deep mud and marshs.Thats why theyre so well preserved.Theres another video of a Russian T-34 being pulled out.After pulling it out,the fuel pump,along with the fuel, was replaced along with a few bearings and the tank started right up.I'll post it when i come across the video.

yes I'm familiar with the preservation factor on allot of things in pure Mud :laughing7:

Just never realized it to this extent :icon_thumright:
 
yes I'm familiar with the preservation factor on allot of things in pure Mud

I figured you were but,i threw that in anyway for other people to know.I found this video on a T-34 that was captured by the Germans and remarked and used by them.I dont think this is the same video that i mentioned about changing the fuel and fuel pump and bearings.I remember that part of the video specifically.But this tank does run after being pulled out of the bog.

A WWII T34 Tank is recovered from the bottom of a lake in Estonia. After a little cleanup, it runs!

It had been captured by the Germans, and that's why there are German markings. They disposed of it in a lake to stop the Russians from reusing it. It was under several feet of peat moss under the water.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom