What's new

Heres What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
6,797
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

This thread has fulfilled it's purpose.

The pictures have been removed to save space.

Thank you :)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Here's What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

I love that buggy step. Being from Wisconsin, the home of six foot saw blades,iron wheels,barbwire and railroad spikes....Your blades dont do anything for me....LOL........But that buggy step is nice.....actually I am thinking of taking the wagon loads of iron I dig to the upper peninsula and dropping it off in the woods for you to dig through later since you love that iron so much! Those craft people love that stuff tho and will paint something pretty on all of it....hmmmmm come to think of it, maybe thats how Iron Mountain got its name ......
 
Re: Here's What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

gypsyheart said:
I love that buggy step. Being from Wisconsin, the home of six foot saw blades,iron wheels,barbwire and railroad spikes....Your blades dont do anything for me....LOL........But that buggy step is nice.....actually I am thinking of taking the wagon loads of iron I dig to the upper peninsula and dropping it off in the woods for you to dig through later since you love that iron so much! Those craft people love that stuff tho and will paint something pretty on all of it....hmmmmm come to think of it, maybe thats how Iron Mountain got its name ......

LOL! If you do bring your iron to Michigan, don't tell us about it. About 99% of the value we place on our iron relics has to do with the historical connections...not the pieces themselves.

I really don't like 6 foot crosscut saws or even steps...it's HISTORY that I love. So, I like SOME iron if it has connections to a certain site that means something to me personally. The other stuff means little or nothing to me.

A few people would pay me big time for my finds because they know I dig what I say.

So, this is mostly a sentimental or emotional thing. It's really not about "things" but people.
 
Re: Here's What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

hi bagder i like the history of these sort of relics to and to stop gypsy dumping just leave a few beaver traps set about the place.snap ;D ;D ;D


tinpan
 
Re: Here's What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

tinpan said:
hi bagder i like the history of these sort of relics to and to stop gypsy dumping just leave a few beaver traps set about the place.snap ;D ;D ;D


tinpan

LOL!

BEAVER TRAPS! Man, would I love to dig one of them! ;D
 
Re: Here's What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

tinpan said:
hi bagder i like the history of these sort of relics to and to stop gypsy dumping just leave a few beaver traps set about the place.snap ;D ;D ;D


tinpan

He can't set beaver traps, because there isnt any room after we set all the RAT Traps for you...we know how much you like digging those dumps!
 

Attachments

  • TinPan Trap.webp
    TinPan Trap.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 229
Re: Here's What I dug In 45 minutes at the Lumberjack Camp 1877-1909

nice and so true and i think i just GOT SERVED and :-X :-X :-X


tinpan lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom