What's new

Heres what I got(so far)

JOHUNT

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
462
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what I got(so far)

A bunch of brokens but, some are good. I don't know much about different styles/types, so please feel free to comment on what I have here. All found in New York State.Thanks! Jeremy
Point3.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Here's what I got(so far)

I like the one with the tip facing beside the quarter on the right, second page. Is has a real nice tip! You have a cool collection, perfect looking triangles.
 
Re: Here's what I got(so far)

Thank you! Some of the triangles on the outer edges are actually just broken points
 
Re: Here's what I got(so far)

Looks just like the typical point forms we have here in central Pa. Thanks for sharing.
 
Re: Here's what I got(so far)

JOHUNT said:
Thank you! Some of the triangles on the outer edges are actually just broken points

Yea, there are 4 with a definite triangular shape. However, some are broken pieces. I had one that the tip just broke off when I found it one time. Considering where I found it, in a freshly tilled field, and the number of plows that dragged through there I still kept it.
 
Re: Here's what I got(so far)

Hmmm... I see Levanna, Snook Kill, possibly Perkioman, Vosburg, Brewerton, Otter Creek, Lamoka, Orient Fishtail, Susquehanna Broad Point, possibly Meadowood
You have quite a variety, basically same stuff here in Ct. EXCEPT- you have wonderful lithics!!!
Great finds
 
Re: Here's what I got(so far)

Awe cool! I've never put names to any of them and it's cool knowing that I have some that I've actually heard of. I guess I need to study up on the different types. Thanks!
 
Re: Here's what I got(so far)

You sure find a lot of complete or very near to complete pieces compared to broken pieces, at least compared to the ratio I find them up here. Nice Group!!

Joel
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom