Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to local gas station to fill up a can for the lawnmower , I happened to glance at the top of the pump and saw what I thought was a big washer . being a fix it kinda guy I thought I'd get it. I was shocked when I saw what I had and almost put it in my pocket of change . wrapped in a tissue instead . It's in pretty good shape . 2014 walking liberty . What looks like a scratch on the pic can't be seen on the coin , not sure how that is but it sure is pretty for free.
DSCN2537.JPG
DSCN2541.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 40

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not the same as the Silver Eagle he found, the one he found is a "Proof DCAM" and is worth much more than a regular Silver Eagle or a regular Proof coin.

The value depending on condition is well over $100 and upward to around $180 if it grades a perfect PR-70

C&SDiggers

Jun 29, 2022
Went to local gas station to fill up a can for the lawnmower , I happened to glance at the top of the pump and saw what I thought was a big washer . being a fix it kinda guy I thought I'd get it. I was shocked when I saw what I had and almost put it in my pocket of change . wrapped in a tissue instead . It's in pretty good shape . 2014 walking liberty . What looks like a scratch on the pic can't be seen on the coin , not sure how that is but it sure is pretty for free.

Somebody probably bought it online and met at the gas station, inadvertently left it on the pump after transaction???
Either way a 1 oz silver round is not something you stumble across every day!! Good eye

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find. From your pic it looks like almost proof quality and likely worth alot more than just the silver content value only if it weren't for the scratch
even with glasses on I don't see the scratch except for in the photo . but I guess it's really there.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not the same as the Silver Eagle he found, the one he found is a "Proof DCAM" and is worth much more than a regular Silver Eagle or a regular Proof coin.

The value depending on condition is well over $100 and upward to around $180 if it grades a perfect PR-70
Correct upon relooking... DCAM did not even cross my mind.

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some slight scratches are tolerable.
It really does not effect the value much.
Dont rub or clean it... put it in a mylar 2x2.
I have those little cardboard and clear plastic coin holders , I will put in that.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find and good eye. You sound like me, I always scan the ground as I walk anywhere. Folks probably think I'm Rainman when I do that but you all know what I'm doing. My best was a small engagement ring sitting on top of a snowblower in a store display. Why? Who knows why, but I was happy to see it.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to local gas station to fill up a can for the lawnmower , I happened to glance at the top of the pump and saw what I thought was a big washer . being a fix it kinda guy I thought I'd get it. I was shocked when I saw what I had and almost put it in my pocket of change . wrapped in a tissue instead . It's in pretty good shape . 2014 walking liberty . What looks like a scratch on the pic can't be seen on the coin , not sure how that is but it sure is pretty for free. View attachment 2042802 View attachment 2042824
Wow!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to local gas station to fill up a can for the lawnmower , I happened to glance at the top of the pump and saw what I thought was a big washer . being a fix it kinda guy I thought I'd get it. I was shocked when I saw what I had and almost put it in my pocket of change . wrapped in a tissue instead . It's in pretty good shape . 2014 walking liberty . What looks like a scratch on the pic can't be seen on the coin , not sure how that is but it sure is pretty for free. View attachment 2042802 View attachment 2042824
That's a beauty...good eye mining! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread