Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to local gas station to fill up a can for the lawnmower , I happened to glance at the top of the pump and saw what I thought was a big washer . being a fix it kinda guy I thought I'd get it. I was shocked when I saw what I had and almost put it in my pocket of change . wrapped in a tissue instead . It's in pretty good shape . 2014 walking liberty . What looks like a scratch on the pic can't be seen on the coin , not sure how that is but it sure is pretty for free.
DSCN2537.JPG
DSCN2541.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 40

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to local gas station to fill up a can for the lawnmower , I happened to glance at the top of the pump and saw what I thought was a big washer . being a fix it kinda guy I thought I'd get it. I was shocked when I saw what I had and almost put it in my pocket of change . wrapped in a tissue instead . It's in pretty good shape . 2014 walking liberty . What looks like a scratch on the pic can't be seen on the coin , not sure how that is but it sure is pretty for free. View attachment 2042802 View attachment 2042824
It might have been a special gift to someone who is deeply mourning it's loss.
You should make an effort to find the owner, first by going tom the station and checking the video records. You might get a license plate. The personal benefit you will receive is worth more than any financial gain, and the owner may be well positioned to offer a reward more than the worth of the coin. Do the RIGHT thing. Let us know. Bob

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have been a special gift to someone who is deeply mourning it's loss.
You should make an effort to find the owner, first by going tom the station and checking the video records. You might get a license plate. The personal benefit you will receive is worth more than any financial gain, and the owner may be well positioned to offer a reward more than the worth of the coin. Do the RIGHT thing.

so I go to the gas station and tell the Pakistani clerk '' I'm here to check your surveillance tapes''
you've gotta be kidding me .

I said I was looking into giving it back if the opportunity presented it's self . I always try to do the "RIGHT" thing even without being told to do so.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I go to the gas station and tell the Pakistani clerk '' I'm here to check your surveillance tapes''

I said I was looking into giving it back if the opportunity presented it's self . I always try to do the "RIGHT" thing even without being told to do so.
Just take a picture of it and have your friendly Pakistani clerk post it with a note "Did anyone loose an item that resembled what is referenced to in this picture."

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess I missed that part. Oh! You're being sarcastic. Are you Joe Biden?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions