What's new

Hey Button Experts!

Drmagnum

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2011
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Minelab Safari
I dug this today in a yard. Pretty distinct symbol....anyone know it? Thanks in advance for the help! :hello2:
 

Attachments

  • Button Front (Small).webp
    Button Front (Small).webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Button Back (Small).webp
    Button Back (Small).webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 235
im lookin and it looks like two baseball bats and at the bottom three baseballs, but anyways nice find Gary
 
Upvote 0
I think its a symbol of a buckle brooch. The back looks like a self shank 20th century. Civilian fashion.

I dont have time to search but you get the idea.

buckle brooch2.webpbuckle brooch3.webp
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I think its a symbol of a buckle brooch. The back looks like a self shank 20th century. Civilian fashion.

I dont have time to search but you get the idea.

I thought it kinda looked like that too.....is that a common button symbol?

Thanks.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button buckle design.webp
    button buckle design.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
It could be as old as the 1920's. Here is a 30's self shank button patent that may be similar.
 

Attachments

  • button patent self shank.webp
    button patent self shank.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 152
  • button patent self shank.webp
    button patent self shank.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom