Hey Guys I got some Confederate and it says that it?s rare!!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys I went back to the 18th century house that I use to detect very often until I began to wear out my welcome. This is the place where I found lots of Spanish silver and my Louisiana Pelican button. So I haven?t been there in a while, but we had talked about when he knocks down the white extension they made in the late 1800s I could metal detect it. So it?s been a couple of months and I did a drive-by and I saw the white extension gone. So I began wishing him every holiday I would send him a text Happy Father?s Day, Happy Easter, Happy Fourth of July I guess I warm down and he said I can come today and just today I told him no problem and off I went. Well he said today I could come detect it today, but it?s a one day ordeal because he knew I would show up twice a week literally. Yeah so I have no shame in my game. This house has old New Orleans written all over it. When I got there I realize there was a lot of bricks laying all over from a chimney and square nails out the wazoo and boy was it humid today I was literally drenched in the first hour, but this is what I got.

I found a button which was in a clump of mud and I like to leave it that way so it keeps me in suspense of what it could be, so I got home jumped in the shower and took a hour nap and then I started cleaning it. I looked online and this is what it said,
?Rare button! Folger and Blake furnished clothing to the Soldiers in La. The company went out in business in 1862. Superior Quality backmark. Has a nice brown patina worn by La Confederate soldiers, one was found in Virginia but not many of these have been found!? image-2021-07-08-18:32:48-305.jpg
image-2021-07-08-18:32:58-932.jpg

With the 6? coil it hit this tiny charm i think it has1868 at the bottom if anybody knows what this please let me know image-2021-07-08-18:33:39-913.jpg
image-2021-07-08-18:34:33-547.jpg

Not sure what this says it?s a little small to be a shoe tap but then why do I know image-2021-07-08-18:35:23-400.jpg

And then I got these two lead pieces one is a small round ball and I don?t know what the other one is
image-2021-07-08-18:35:38-223.jpg
image-2021-07-08-18:35:52-712.jpg
image-2021-07-08-18:36:08-335.jpg
And with that I?m gonna leave you with this beautiful property that I found so many wonderful things on. If anybody has any more knowledge on anything please let me know. Thank you for looking! Oh checkout the house

IMG_0190.jpg IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0212.JPG
This is the white building knocked down IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 39

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Truth, that plantation is under the Fed's protection, as the owner, St. Angelo and others were indicted in one of the biggest banking scandals ever seen, of First NBC. They borrowed and were issuing loans which didn't get paid back, for tens of millions to each other and friends. Greg St. Angelo was First NBC's lawyer.

Back then, in 2013 when I worked there, I only had a Garrett Ace. Now that I have my Deus, I could kick myself. I'll bet there is tons of stuff there. That is where I found a bar of .500 silver. 20200407_084156.jpg 20200407_120319~2.jpg and the brass flower frog, among other things.

The kids who worked with me were the ones who told me about the house, saying it was haunted. The first time I saw it, I thought it looked like a fairy tale (and still do). If I'd had the money, I would have bought the place in a heartbeat. There is something very familiar about it.

We should meet up sometime. Both my hips are done and I can walk great. However, I'd rather wait till the fall. It's just too damn hot right now.

The area I live in now has an incredible history and as a 10th generation niece of Iberville, I have a tremendous interest. However, I would probably start crying if you came over and found any coins on my property, as every one I have found is completely toasted, including one I am sure is a half cent, by the weight and diameter.

Around here, they are farmers and many sold logging rights, so a lot of stuff has been burned, and carted off, but I am sure there is more. I just haven't found it yet.

The old handmade blacksmith stuff is abundant around here. We'll have to talk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions