Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a 1943 War Nickel and Buffalo Nickel (no date) and a lead ingot. I have a small coil on and it was over a foot deep. On top it appears to show a (- P CO ) If anyone has any experience with these things I’d appreciate an education on it. It’s very very heavy

IMG_0200.jpg IMG_0212.jpg IMG_0215.jpg IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0211.jpg IMG_0207.jpg IMG_0209.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Harrison

Jan 14, 2020
Where the treasure is
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That lead Ingot is pretty sweet! Sometimes they were used to melt down into bullets and etc for military purposes. Ingots were easily loaded into crates and wagons! But I’m not sure of the origin of yours!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. For some strange reason I really love to find lead in all of its forms, go figure. Your I got may have been for construction. The hardware stores used to sell 5 pound ingots and bars to melt for soldering gutters and downspouts. I saw some in a store about 20 years ago. Lead was also used to seal drain pipes. Some older drain pipes were actually made of lead as well. It could be older, but you won’t know unless you can track down the company name that produced it.

Congratulations on the nickels and keep swingin.

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Truth, I found a "lead" ingot at an 1800's plantation where I worked, back in 2013. It weighs 16 ounces and has slashes in the top and a piece missing off the end. I always thought it was just lead.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I got a metal testing kit and the ingot came back at .500 silver. You may want to check it.

We used to go the Spanish Fort all the time. My grandparents lived in Lake Vista on Plover. It's a cool spot.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, I found a "lead" ingot at an 1800's plantation where I worked, back in 2013. It weighs 16 ounces and has slashes in the top and a piece missing off the end. I always thought it was just lead.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I got a metal testing kit and the ingot came back at .500 silver. You may want to check it.

We used to go the Spanish Fort all the time. My grandparents lived in Lake Vista on Plover. It's a cool spot.

I’m gonna check it it’s freakishly having to me. Where do you live body I would love to metal detect with you.

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The stuff I've been finding on my four acre farm is incredibly varied. It would be great to have a partner. But, I don't do Louisiana in the summer when it's too hot and the sun is blasting. It's just too much for me. This week it's all 80's already. But I bet we get some more cooler days before the dog days.

I did find some cool stuff in Bogue Falaya Park in Covington in 2013. I've even found silver in different forms, but never a silver coin. Not once. It's really weird.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really great finds- Congrats!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The stuff I've been finding on my four acre farm is incredibly varied. It would be great to have a partner. But, I don't do Louisiana in the summer when it's too hot and the sun is blasting. It's just too much for me. This week it's all 80's already. But I bet we get some more cooler days before the dog days.

I did find some cool stuff in Bogue Falaya Park in Covington in 2013. I've even found silver in different forms, but never a silver coin. Not once. It's really weird.

I’ll live 10 minutes away from the Bogue Falaya Park here my best finds. Adjustments.jpg Adjustments.jpg IMG_2630.jpg IMG_2629.jpg IMG_1273.jpg IMG_1274.jpg IMG_1024.jpg The one reales and the half real where in the same hole next to a tree

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpg
    IMG_2963.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2767.jpg
    IMG_2767.jpg
    699.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great stuff there. Obviously, my then skills overlooked those holes! Times have changed. What's interesting about that park is when the river is high, it floods part of the park and washes in or washes out all sorts of things that weren't there before.

I don't know if you realize it but I did discover way back then, the ridges at the top of the park were filled in with what appears to be dump sites from old homes. There are spots with tons of old, broken pottery, glass etc.

That is one of the prettiest spots on earth when the sun is shining, the temperature is temperate and a breeze is blowing. Kind of magical. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread