castletonking
Full Member
- Joined
- Jun 20, 2011
- Messages
- 245
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- castleton vt.
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
um ya i kind of assumed thatworldtalker said:Don't know,but it sure has been in the ground awhile!
i wasnt being snide,every post on here has several people trying to figure out or at least give a good guess at what something is,out of multiple people who have viewed this,not one person has even a guess? I'm sorry i don't have a great camera that gets every single detail in crystal clear focus.I joined this group because i was told it is the best one on the net,yet every post i have made,gets viewed and almost no one offers to help.how do you expect me to feel?creskol said:castletonking said:um ya i kind of assumed thatworldtalker said:Don't know,but it sure has been in the ground awhile!
I believe that was meant as a compliment to your buckle. Your seemingly snide reply won't help you get an ID at all.
castletonking said:i wasnt being snide,every post on here has several people trying to figure out or at least give a good guess at what something is,out of multiple people who have viewed this,not one person has even a guess? I'm sorry i don't have a great camera that gets every single detail in crystal clear focus.I joined this group because i was told it is the best one on the net,yet every post i have made,gets viewed and almost no one offers to help.how do you expect me to feel?creskol said:castletonking said:um ya i kind of assumed thatworldtalker said:Don't know,but it sure has been in the ground awhile!
I believe that was meant as a compliment to your buckle. Your seemingly snide reply won't help you get an ID at all.
yet we manage to get more green checks than not. My Mamma use to say, 'you can get more flies with honey than vinegar.'
but a Buckle slide, you say it has traces of Silvering, so it's proberbly from a shoe Buckle.the center post is broken,it was centered and attached.closeup it looks to styleized to be a harness buckle,as it's beveled on the edges,inside and out.but i'm no expert. and thank you for the explination and i appologizeBreezie said:castletonking said:i wasnt being snide,every post on here has several people trying to figure out or at least give a good guess at what something is,out of multiple people who have viewed this,not one person has even a guess? I'm sorry i don't have a great camera that gets every single detail in crystal clear focus.I joined this group because i was told it is the best one on the net,yet every post i have made,gets viewed and almost no one offers to help.how do you expect me to feel?creskol said:castletonking said:um ya i kind of assumed thatworldtalker said:Don't know,but it sure has been in the ground awhile!
I believe that was meant as a compliment to your buckle. Your seemingly snide reply won't help you get an ID at all.
Hello Castle,
First of all, Welcome to the Forum. Second, you've only made 5 post, so that is really not enough to justify the means to an end. We are not experts, but with our combined knowledge generally get an accurate ID. Many of us have a 9-5, and view/post in the evenings, so answers don't always come immediately. As far as your pics are concerned, I've seen worse,yet we manage to get more green checks than not. My Mamma use to say, 'you can get more flies with honey than vinegar.'
With that being said, your buckle looks like it is horse/tack related because the center bar 'looks' offset from the 2nd pic.
Interesting find,
Breezie
LOL your response is funny but I agree that wordtalker was giving a compliment that its old.castletonking said:um ya i kind of assumed thatworldtalker said:Don't know,but it sure has been in the ground awhile!
i appologize,i thought you were being a wise guy.i'm an idiotworldtalker said:Don't know,but it sure has been in the ground awhile!

usually found on Butlers Buckles, to make them more presentable thanks,silver searcherSilver Searcher said:
As I said earlier, Shoe Buckle Cover/Slideusually found on Butlers Buckles, to make them more presentable
SS