What's new

Hey, would like to get into rock hounding or gold panning.

Iunno

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
How would i go about starting this hobby? I can get a gold pan relatively easyily. Would there be any gold in the sacramento river?
 
What part of the Sacramento river are you near?
 
There's a lot more gold in the feather ,yuba ,americian ,bear rivers. You could pan or sluice on the yuba, right under the hwy. 20 bridge. It's open and there is alot of color in the gravels.
 
Thanks for all the help guys.
 
is the 100 ounce nugget still the largest nugget found in CA or has it been beaten yet
 
I think the one found at Carson Hill was 172.... but not sure at this writing. CH is still (has re-opened as) an aggragate site. But with many ounces of gold as a by-product. Tim and I asked if we could look around or take pictures. The girl in the office was nice and polite (and pretty, I might add) but the answer was a simple "No". Fair enough. TTC
 
lol if you didnt get the pic of the nugget you should have got the girls pic for me ahahahaha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom