Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2016
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I found this site about a month ago while searching ideas and recommendations for a good detector.

I am very new to this hobby and was recommended it from my VA counselor for a good activity for exercise and stress relief (I am stressed out just trying to figure out which machine to pull the trigger on :laughing7:). I have been soaking up all the information I can from you guys/gals on here.
Trying to decide between maybe an ATP or Ace 350 (I plan on working fields, woods, streams/rivers and later salt water beaches). Stuck on the ATP but thinking maybe the ACE would be a better beginners machine or recomendations (Water depths maybe 1 to 4 ft etc...).

The funny thing is that my wife actually likes this idea (maybe so I wont be around the house as much nagging her :laughing7::tongue3:). I have always loved visiting historical sites and learning history (especially military history, I am a USMC Vet so go figure lol).

Outstanding site here and I have already learned a lot just from lurking!!:headbang:

I hope to get to know you all and learn from you all!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Indiana for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
P

patrickcn

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2016
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi VPNavy,

Thanks for the welcome and info!
Semper Fi!

OP
OP
P

patrickcn

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2016
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I just ordered my AT Pro from Colonial Metal Detectors tonight. I can not wait to get it and get some swing time in.
I tried calling Colonial Metal Detectors by phone but couldn't get through (bad cell coverage here at times) but the online ordering was simple and painless.

Just wanted to update since my earlier intro. Now I am checking out clubs etc... as advised by VPNavy.

Excited and want to start tonight lol

OP
OP
P

patrickcn

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2016
Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bootybandit,

Thanks for the welcome! What is this, a Navy hangout? Don't hold my USMC time against me lol

Semper Fi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread