Hi from Sacramento area....

unbrokendreamz

Greenie
Aug 31, 2013
Carmichael CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, my name is Jessica.

I am kinda new to gold prospecting. I have been prospecting since June of this year. My son got me into it lol. Over the summer time I was in Oregon for a few weeks (my parents live there). My son and i went down to the creek and I had forgot that he bought a sluice box, I asked him how to use it and he showed me, after a few buckets full of gravel/sand we found a few tiny pieces of gold. It was pretty exciting to find out that the creek running through my parents property has gold in it. After a bunch of research I actually found out that there is claims for sale up above from my parents about 6-10 miles up the creek. Ever since I have been intrigued, I have done some research and found some areas in california that have open panning. I have went to bear river, and colfax so far. Bear river i didn't do to well, but in colfax I was quite pleased with the little bit I did find.

I would like to meet up with others in the area that like to gold prospect too, my family hates it and they are just a downer to go on day trips with to the rivers. I will probably make another post somewhere looking for some new friends to go prospecting with lol. I'm glad I found this forum, its very informational, I have spent hours reading it the last few months and finally decided to join :)

Here is a few pics of the lil bit of gold I did find in Colfax ca. This is just hand panning, The river didn't have a fast enough current to sluice. I don't think I did too bad for only 10 hours total. I hope sometime soon I can find my first picker nugget lol, but don't we all...

:/ P1120787.JPGP1120786.JPG

Hello and welcome from florida.

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
You and your son did great unbrokendreamz with your gold find and building memories- thanks for sharing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back