What's new

Hi guys, new here. First buy report

Lemethe

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi guys I am new to CRH and have recently become consumed with reading on the hobby. I recently checked every bank in the area for half dollars and for the most part got a smug response from everyone. A few checked their vaults but none for me to try. I live in a town of about 50k people so i was hoping i might find something. Nadda

I told my girlfriend what i was doing (she lives in a neighboring town) population 14k. She called her bank and Tadda they had halves. some $400 or so in halves. So i told her to pick me up a few rolls.

We had gotten $30 just to have some fun and see if we could get anything. A sample of sorts. The rolls were worn thin hand rolled.

1 1968 Kennedy in all of them.

Does this seem like a good bank to start from? The newest half in the set was 1994. But the majority was taken by 1971 issues. I was wondering if 1 out of 60 halves was average or did i just ridiculously lucky... would you try again if you were me at this bank?
 
Upvote 0
Go back and get the rest. Something tells me you will have a solid roll from that bank based on the description.

HH,
65GT350
 
Better yet, tell me which bank and I will go pick them up for you! :hello2:

Welcome to the madness.
 
The ever-so-helpful AGCoinHunter! :laughing9:
Ditto - go back and get them all, sounds promising!
 
Hey, anything to help a fellow CHR'er.

Seriously read as much as you can on this board, you will learn a whole lot.
 
Always get them ALL, unless they tell you they are someones dumps; teller told me that once, and she had $700 worth, I did not believe her got 10 rolls just in case & sure enoughthey were marked on the rolls themselves & found nothing, but I still get them all unless they tell me they are dumps. Have even, several times found a dirt Silver in others dumps too- apparently many just search rims.

If you go at this with vigor & zeal it will pay off in time.
 
obediah said:
Always get them ALL, unless they tell you they are someones dumps; teller told me that once, and she had $700 worth, I did not believe her got 10 rolls just in case & sure enoughthey were marked on the rolls themselves & found nothing, but I still get them all unless they tell me they are dumps. Have even, several times found a dirt Silver in others dumps too- apparently many just search rims.

If you go at this with vigor & zeal it will pay off in time.

Even if they are someone's dumps, it gives you an opportunity to speak with the vault manager. Ask them to keep you in mind if any halves come in the future and to hold them for you, in return you'll take the current inventory and move them for them. Never pass up an opportunity. Get the tellers working for you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom