HI HO SILVER!! AWAY! MY FIRST SILVER RING! What a beauty!! Gold plated braclet!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys. Well i went to idaho this weekend. I only got in 1 hour and a half of detecting at a local elementary school. I know i playnned on going to the ski resort and the rodeo but they were too busy with people and they would be scowling at me because i would be diggin up their grass. Well anyway! MY uncle took me down to the elementary school after lunch. My first target was a penny, and i was hunting around the bike racks. I had it on the mode where i can get all coins plus silver. I walked over a target that i thought wwas underground. I got down to dig and i saw something smushed in the grass. All shiny!! Well As you can tell i swept it over with my detector. Yup it was a strong signal! I looked at it closer and then pulled it out! IT WAS A STERLING SILVER RING! ;D ;D ;D ;DIT HAS STERLING printed in it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D I ran back to my uncle and told him and was like were stayin here! So i hunted the playground and within the next 15 minutes I GOT A LOW TONE SIGNAL! Now i thought it was a stupid nickel or foil but i saw a chain and i pulled it out! It turned out to be a GOLD BRACLET! I think its a plated gold braclet but it may be a gold one! It said Janeth on it! Some girl probably lost it. Anyway! I pulled Over $2 from that playground in the elementary school in 1 hour and 30 minutes! new Personal record! :) On sunday i went to a couple of fields. Got 16 cents and a bullet. The high school didnt turn up as much as i thought. Maybe i was hunting in the wrong place! BUT IDAHO TRIP TOTALLY WORTH IT GOT A SIVLER RING WITH A BLACK JEM! Going to get it appraised this week and see how much its worth! I AM NOT SELLING IT! I hope everyone got out! I loved this weekend!

Here are the pics!

Front with black jem!
Frontviewofringwithblackgem.jpg

Side with arrows!
SidepicofSterlingring.jpg

Gold plated braclet!
GoldBraclet.jpg

Over two dollars in change!
overtwodollarsinchanceplusotheritem.jpg

Sundays finds at idaho!
Sundaysfindsinidaho.jpg

I hope everyone hunted this weekend!

Upvote 0
N

Newbie101

Sounds like you are doing very well Mding.I'm still in the exploring phase with my Bounty Hunter.I got out yesterday for about an hour and went to a small park nearby.I found a 1991 dime and a 1992 Nickel.The nickel was about 2" down.The dime was right on the surface.I'm still experimenting with different settings between discrimination and sensitivity and tone mode.I'm going to Oregon(Lincoln City) next month on a family vacation.We are staying real close to the beach.Do you have any suggestions as to which modes/settings I should use when I'm hunting on the beach(assuming I will be allowed to).I'm really going to be concentrating on trying to find jewlry for my wife and coins for myself.I really enjoy reading all the stories about everone's finds.Keep up the good work Mding.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats on the first.

The ring looks to be a real nice one.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread