Hi i could use some help with a bunch of jewelry hallmarks? Please :-)

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
I have a bunch of mostly sterling vintage to now jewelry that I have done research on the hallmarks but just can't seem to find the info about them. I'm trying to resell some items and it would really help if I had the info on them! If you could please take some time and help me it would so greatly be appreciated. I am a single struggling mom and I'm trying to make vintage jewelry sales a new business of mine and I love finding out the info and doing the research it really fascinates me! Thank you for your time in reading this best wishes and god bless Kathy

image-3282168337.jpg

I'm going to start with this one but if you could look at more for me please let me know! :-)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did a bing search for antique jewelry marks and got a long list of sites. I clicked on one site with photos of hundreds of marks and their meanings and GOT HIT BY MALLIOUS crap. My Norton's antivirus stopped it and killed it. That happened on 2 out of 3 sites I checked.

So, I will bow out from trying to help. If anyone else tries to help, MAKE SURE YOUR ANTIVIRUS IS UP TO DATE FIRST. koolaidsmile may be a legimate member seeking help, or she / he might be a judas goat.

I have to wonder why this persons second post on the forum is in THIS section and not one of the many collector sections......or antiques section.

One type of Malware is a tracking cookie that logs wherever one goes on the web and reports that info back to whomever originates it. Do any of you fellow thers want your research sites reported to an outside third party?? Just saying.......................

It is my sincere hope that this "Kathy" is a real person who is really starting a business of her own and I extend to her my best wishes for a successful run at selling antique jewelry, BUT, there are some honest questions that need to be considered here, now. I haven't ran into any malware hits on those info sites before while searching for Celtic signs, Surveyors signs, Stonemason signs, etc. But, on 2 out of 3 sites for antique jewelry marks after responding to a request for help on this forum is just a little bit too co-incidental for me. Sorry if I sound paranoid..........just being careful.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a bunch of mostly sterling vintage to now jewelry that I have done research on the hallmarks but just can't seem to find the info about them. I'm trying to resell some items and it would really help if I had the info on them! If you could please take some time and help me it would so greatly be appreciated. I am a single struggling mom and I'm trying to make vintage jewelry sales a new business of mine and I love finding out the info and doing the research it really fascinates me! Thank you for your time in reading this best wishes and god bless Kathy

View attachment 637516

I'm going to start with this one but if you could look at more for me please let me know! :-)

post here there are folks there that have the links you need
What Is It?

OP
OP
koolaidsmile

koolaidsmile

May 17, 2012
Well I promise you I am legit! I'm just new to this sight and trying it for the very first time so I'm really not sure what sections to go to for the best info and answers? I can see why you would be paranoid I don't blame you! There's to many sketchy people out there!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Koolaidsmile. Thank you for your answer and welcome to TNet. I appologize if I seemed to have been "overboard" on the suspision side, but there have been a couple of sneaks come here about a year ago. One was a bookseller trying to kick off a website.

cw0909 referred you to the section "What Is It?" which is a good place to start and there are other sections about antiques, jewelry, and other collectibles.

Goodluck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions