Hi , new to this

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! The thing to do is relax, have fun, swing your detector as much as you can, then come here and share your finds with us as we share our knowledge with you! Big Gold!

coinhunters50

Greenie
Feb 11, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, F-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What years are the coins you found? Are they us or foreign? could you post pictures? Hold on to them don't sell anything yet!

OP
OP
havasu1001

havasu1001

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2013
I found it in a flat rock! I collect them for jelrey was dr emailing it for shine, I've stopped because I don't want to damage it I'm cleaning it,not sure the right way be happy to post pic

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
havasu1001

havasu1001

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2013
Can anyone please tell me the proper way to get the sediment n rock of coins ect without harm

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CogitoNM

Greenie
Mar 25, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
OKM Rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
NM here! We people who live in the SW are lucky because ours has awesome history for dirt fishing and cache hunting. You are lucky in that you live near water in a desert. This always means SOMEONE was there in the past. The best thing you can do is learning the history of your area. It's no use searching in an area that hasn't had much going on, but it can be very fruitful searching old trade routes and/or mine sites.

Read about the Civil War and Spanish events in your area, especially old Spanish Mines. Personally, as I enjoy following the trail to Spanish cache sites, I'd also suggest learning about the signs and symbols of mining trails. That plus making a concerted effort to put as many miles under your feet as possible and things can be found.

OP
OP
havasu1001

havasu1001

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2013
Yes, I found a silver penny I believe very old , I can't see date it's very thin I don't no what to do or where to go

OP
OP
havasu1001

havasu1001

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2013
Here r photos hard to tell

Attachments

• image-3318612597.jpg
    image-3318612597.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 92

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here r photos hard to tell

That looks like a new penny. The copper is corroded in places and the zinc core is coming through. If you find a penny and it looks pitted like that one it is usually a zinc penny. Often called "Zlincoln", they can be the bane of detecting. I have a firm belief that they litter the planet. I have found them in virtually every place I have ever swung a coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread