What's new

Hidden teeth need identification

villagenut

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
10,963
Golden Thread
0
Location
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these in midden along with other NA artifacts and am curios to know what I am looking at. There are a few seeds in the photo and I am sure that a few of these teeth are Black Drum teeth. Not sure about the pointed ones or the one in the foreground. That one looks a bit different and possibly a Natives Inciser tooth, broken off at the gumline.It could be possible, they were there.
20180904_193144.webp20180904_211005.webp
20180904_210813.webp20180904_211023.webp
20180904_210937.webp20180904_211054.webp


I meant the title to be Midden teeth....not hidden.. lol
 
Last edited:
The 3 Center teeth could pretty easily be Alligator teeth.
 
The 3 Center teeth could pretty easily be Alligator teeth.

That is what I thought but the gator teeth I have seen look a bit different at the base.
 
Correct with gator and the broken tooth is a peccary tooth.
 
Correct with gator and the broken tooth is a peccary tooth.

Thanks Perico, I was stuck somewhere between it being human and Sheepshead. So a Peccary is like a wild pig.....I guess that is close to human lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom