Hideous Monster on Front Page!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
13,951
4,150
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
5
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more PR for our hobby folks. My ugly mug graced the front page of the local paper today. :tongue3:

http://www.carynews.com/front/story/12777.html

I had two calls & three e-mails when I got home. Three were for properties to detect, and two were for lost jewelry.
One house is a nice 1910 house that I will detect as soon as the weather cools down.
Thanks for looking.
I'll get my rump out soon to detect again. This heat is killing me! ;D
-MM-
 

Attachments

  • MVC-057S.JPG
    MVC-057S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,204
  • MVC-058S.JPG
    MVC-058S.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,199
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
13,951
4,150
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
5
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
All That Media attention Doug and you won't have anything left to dig! lol Keep those news people away from me!
Thanks Bud,
I just gave them you mountain address. They should be at you door in the morning, so put on a pot of coffee. ;D :icon_thumleft:
-MM-
 

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
19,254
8,730
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Scot! It's Messie, the NC treasure monster.
 

Kyle PA

Hero Member
May 12, 2009
957
15
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
WAAAHOOOOO, there is a hideous monster on the cover of The Cary News!!!!!!!!! :D :D You, buddy Dug, are the King of Kings when it comes to datecting! The writer of the article did a great job in explaining your extreme passion to the people of Wake County! :headbang:

I hope you get bombarded with hundreds of calls and e-mails! You deserve every single one, Dugster! :notworthy:

Kyle
 

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
13,951
4,150
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
5
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Note to Lish ...

Stop off at service station and inflate already big head to the max of 44 PSI ... ;D

Dude your a Rock Star ... :headbang: :notworthy: :headbang:

~ Nick

Thanks Nick.
I've been called an airhead many times in the past. :tongue3:
My wife keeps me grounded though. :icon_thumleft:
-Lish-

Iron Patch said:
Great Scot! It's Messie, the NC treasure monster.

LMAO!!! Thanks IP. I hope you weren't referring to my diapers. :o
-MM-

Blacksheep said:
Nice job! :thumbsup:

Thanks Blacksheep. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

kevin11 said:
Real nice story for the paper.WTG
Kevin

Thanks Kevin.
-MM-

silverfreak said:
Congrats Doug. That is great :headbang:

Bryce,
I can't find old coins like you, so I'll have to settle for newspapers. ;D
Thanks Big Guy.
-Doug-


Detectingfreak said:
Thats an awesome honor! Congratulations on being in the newspaper! :thumbsup:

Thanks DF. I talked them into keeping me out of the "most wanted" crime section. :tongue3:
-MM-

KylePA said:
WAAAHOOOOO, there is a hideous monster on the cover of The Cary News!!!!!!!!! :D :D You, buddy Dug, are the King of Kings when it comes to datecting! The writer of the article did a great job in explaining your extreme passion to the people of Wake County! :headbang:

I hope you get bombarded with hundreds of calls and e-mails! You deserve every single one, Dugster! :notworthy:

Kyle

Thanks Big K.
With my mug shot on the front I'm sure circulation went through the roof for The Cary News. :icon_thumleft:
Actually folks will probably use the pages in their pet cages to catch droppings on. :tongue3:
Hopefully I helped our hobby somewhat with this story. I got a few leads already from it. No Colonial Babes yet though. ;D
-Dugster-
 

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
18,721
11,719
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go. You are a good ambassador of this hobby and always enjoy your post. Congratulations on the capture of Wake County. You deserve it.

TnMountains
 

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
1,541
89
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
That's awesome!
WTG
Baggins
 

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
13,951
4,150
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
5
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-
 

Ron P

Full Member
Apr 14, 2009
142
39
Cary, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
MM

Save a little treasure for your neighbor down the road. I haven't seen the paper yet, I'll have to ask my wife if we still have it. Congrats,
Ron
 

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
3,688
1,681
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing a great job in advancing our hobby [addiction] MM
Great work and great post my friend. Best regards, Merf
 

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
12,712
141
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
1
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Doug.

You are What we want to be known as out there for people to understand as responsible and considerate detectorists. Thank you for representing the rest of us and opening new doors.
Your friend.

Mike
 

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
13,951
4,150
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
5
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
Doug.

You are What we want to be known as out there for people to understand as responsible and considerate detectorists. Thank you for representing the rest of us and opening new doors.
Your friend.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Very much appreciated. :icon_thumleft:

Alright, who dug this old post up out of the archives? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

-Doug-
 

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
12,712
141
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
1
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
4-H said:
Doug.

You are What we want to be known as out there for people to understand as responsible and considerate detectorists. Thank you for representing the rest of us and opening new doors.
Your friend.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Very much appreciated. :icon_thumleft:

Alright, who dug this old post up out of the archives? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

-Doug-
I have no clue but every time I click on it and see that mug of yours on my computer it cracks the screen! :laughing9: :-*
 

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
13,951
4,150
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
5
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
ModernMiner said:
4-H said:
Doug.

You are What we want to be known as out there for people to understand as responsible and considerate detectorists. Thank you for representing the rest of us and opening new doors.
Your friend.

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Very much appreciated. :icon_thumleft:

Alright, who dug this old post up out of the archives? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

-Doug-
I have no clue but every time I click on it and see that mug of yours on my computer it cracks the screen! :laughing9: :-*

I think you're just amazed at how much I look like Johnny Depp. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Thanks for the memories Mike, now go change some diapers. ;D
-Doug-
 

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top