What's new

Hiding in a box in an attic.

Kbcon

Jr. Member
Joined
May 18, 2018
Messages
53
Reaction score
139
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
At pro
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure comes in many forms and I happen to stumble across this beauty in my late uncle's attic. It's an authentic 50+ year old 18.39 fl.oz full bottle of Kweichow-moutai " Flying Fairy" (Chinese spirits). I read that this particular bottle is extremely rare and highly sought after.
If I was a vintage spirit connoisseur I'd probably keep it, but instead off to Sotheby's or Christie's it goes...
 

Attachments

  • 17890965187436202699436132875063.webp
    17890965187436202699436132875063.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 17890965594186090952445191046508.webp
    17890965594186090952445191046508.webp
    776.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 17890965820457318128600162205781.webp
    17890965820457318128600162205781.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 17890965968021562249581930543062.webp
    17890965968021562249581930543062.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 17890966269457076591520861554506.webp
    17890966269457076591520861554506.webp
    505.5 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 7
I don't know anything about storage of wine, but isn't an attic storage for decades of heat, already destroyed it.
Your guess is as good as mine CT.
 
Ok, not wine but spirits but question remains. The heat would not destroy it?
I'm not going to open it to find out. I'll let someone more qualified then me do it.
 
I actually have a dozen or so very very old samplers of various brandy, spirits, etc. They are tiny bottle sized like what are called sippers available today, And some have the tax paid label glued over the cap. All have decorative labels showing fruits or whatever. I don't know what to do with them but I won't be trying them
 
I actually have a dozen or so very very old samplers of various brandy, spirits, etc. They are tiny bottle sized like what are called sippers available today, And some have the tax paid label glued over the cap. All have decorative labels showing fruits or whatever. I don't know what to do with them but I won't be trying them
You never know, they might still be good, but I hear you, I'd probably pass as well..
 
off to Sotheby's or Christie's it goes...

Hope you do well with it, although it sounds like it wasn't exactly stored under ideal conditions.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom