high grade ore

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
hi, ive been exploring a small hill that was mined for silver(in the 1760's),there are at least 14 vein structures criss-crossing the hill and i've counted 8 tunnel entrances so far ,all caved and/or flooded. the interesting thing is there is evidence of trenching on the surface in many places ,and upon investigation it seems the whole hill is a spider web of mini veinlets that have been dug up. these trenches are shallow. i was able to clean out one of these trenches and dig a littlle further to see what they were after. i got about 15 pounds of material ,which i sent off a sample to get assayed . it came back as chloaragyrite ,running 50% silver. this as i understand is a surface enrichment commonly found at the surface of oxidized silver ores especially in arid climates. im not sure as of yet but i believe there may still be a significant amount of these veinlets left to be dug up . my question ,does anyone have an opinion if these decomposed veinlets could be identified with a metal detector /and if so what would be the best model to use .does anyone know where i could sell the unrefined ore in small amounts ,say 100 lb lots thanks

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
if you want good money for your silver just crush it to a fine powder and Dissolve the galena/ore in nitric acid. add sodium chloride and collect the white precip then filter with boiling water a few times (use a coffee filter.)

then you can melt it down (if you want to really clean it shoot me a note and i will send directions)

john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread