Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks Beautiful from where I am sittin...Would love to be there.... :tongue3:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
The snow on those mountains has a different look to it. a "leavin' snow" I guess. Thanks for the look, I like that kind of behind the tourist scene detail. nature at work. Snow is quietly melting not so far away, and we are threatened with a 105 heat index tomorrow.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been in the high 80's and very very humid here...Yuck

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The snow has a lot of dirt that was blown in on it from southwest. Mighty AP, I see the ads everyday for the Marijuana dispensaries here, and free referrals, so I couldn't resist that title. I never liked John Deutchendorf, or John Denver, even though I grew up about 20 miles from his grandparents in Oklahoma. But I will concede he had a point about Colorado. Sorry he died too young, because we could have a good time, as I see it the same way he did.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Mighty AP said:
Those pics are fit for framing Rginn although they arent quite what I expected..........you might think about changing the title of this thread! lol ::)
I agree those are fit for framing. Absolutely love that first one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic's as usual, i'me sure you are 'High' all the time living up in those mts. :icon_sunny:

Fossis............

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
RGINN said:
The snow has a lot of dirt that was blown in on it from southwest. Mighty AP, I see the ads everyday for the Marijuana dispensaries here, and free referrals, so I couldn't resist that title. I never liked John Deutchendorf, or John Denver, even though I grew up about 20 miles from his grandparents in Oklahoma. But I will concede he had a point about Colorado. Sorry he died too young, because we could have a good time, as I see it the same way he did.
Hope that doesn't include flying fast in experimental aircraft while pointed toward the ground. Fast way to discorporate, though.

As for title, don't care for marijuana myself and don't smoke. But recognize it can help manage pain in some terminal cancer patients. Marijuana was considered medicinal long before it was popular to get to upper elevations in CO.

RE: John D, liked songs "Rocky Mountain High" and "Calypso". Could be a difference in interpretation. Did Cat Stevens sing "Life's recreation" or "Life's re-creation" in "Morning Has Broken"?

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
P

Pentico

Great pictures as all ways.
I like the title myself!
When you been to the mountain top you understand the "high"!
There is just something about it. Can't explain it, you have to experience it!
Some folks here in Colorado will tell you "God made the earth in 7 days, on the 8th he made Colorado"
When you are standing on a fourteeneer you get it. We have over 40 14K plus peeks here, we invite you to get high on anyone of them. (little joke there).
Lot's of folks say John Denver's song "Rocky Mountain High" was about weed. Could be, I don't really know that for fact.
It is a state song, not the state song but a state song.
But then I ask was "Puff the magic dragon" a weed song too?
How about The Beatles "I get high with a little help from my friends?"
Or what about Deep Purple "Smoke on the water?"
Or even Elvis "High on the mountain top?" It is a gospel song but again, could it be a weed song?

Oh heck I am rambling again, off subject.
Sorry just got me start thinking. As the wife would say "that is a dangerous thing..." :thumbsup:

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale, I kinda liked John D.'s songs and just took them at face value. When he was busted for DUI in Aspen there was a lot of ribbing going on about 'high, in Colorado'. I don't have time for illegal substances and not much time for the legal ones, but if someone is terminal, and in a lot of pain, and they fell a substance legal or not helps them (not that researchers determine, but the actual sufferer), then by all means they should have it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread