What's new

High Karat Gold Pendant

JimDon

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
4,041
Reaction score
5,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an opportunity to hit a couple of school tot lots and fields this weekend. I got my first set of grills unfortunately they were plated. I also pulled this pendant. It looks to be handcrafted with carved letters on it, it acid tested to 18kt for sure but 22kt stayed gold but slightly faded. It seems to be Arabic so it is assuredly high karat gold.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430752317.267743.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430752356.264278.webp
 
Upvote 20
Nice gold save :metaldetector::goldbar::occasion14:, wonder what form my first high carat gold will take, I would consider 18k to be high carat out here, best I have found so far is 14k.
 
Nice! Since the loop isn't broken I bet the chain is close by, I would be gridding that area digging all the scratchy foil signals
 
Nice find. Congrats
 
Very nice JD! Congrats on the gold. GL&HH.
 
I think there teeth
 
Great score Jim ! Congrats
Glen
 
I know you said that 18k test stayed...
but try 14...
I know it sounds weird... but try it...
this eliminates poss stainless plate.
IF that burns...
My guess 20k ... but ?

For those of you reading this and are not aware...
Stainless steel is un-affected by 18k acid test.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on some very unique and cool finds! Sub 8-)
 
Nice gold finds! Congrats!

I won't be lucky enough to find a gold grill, it will probably be a fake eyeball or something made from tin!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom