Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another hot one. The kind of weather that drives one to the beach, into the water and lose things. Getting into Nogo I felt like a clam in a steam cooker. Windows went down and my three hairs blowing in the wind. had a time limit as my Hunny Bunny a tad under the weather and the Blue Jays were hosting Detroit. Must say the football game last night was exciting but preordained that Bayern München was going to win!
Hitting the parking lot of the first place I could smell the sweet odor of grass; not the freshly cut kind but the smoking kind. This spot to this day is still one of my least favorite places to swish. The bees were too buzzed to pollinate the flowers and the horse flies to crazy to bite. That I did not mind. For such a great day not many folks frolicking in the water but quite a few were laying on towels looking out to space. Water was super nice with even the leeches taking a day off. Six first targets netted 4 twoonies and 2 bottle tops. And that was all she wrote.
Going to the second spot I managed to get a new hood ornament in the form of a sparrow which when it hit scared the halibut out of me. I immediately pulled over and inspected Nogo who suffered no lasting affect other then a few feathers stuck in his grill. The bird....Lord only knows where it is fluttering about now!
Twenty minutes later I was finished my aquatic adventures for the day making what I make an hour on the cruise detail which I'm at tomorrow and hoping we get the holiday pay rate!
CP$.jpg

Upvote 8

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another hot one. The kind of weather that drives one to the beach, into the water and lose things. Getting into Nogo I felt like a clam in a steam cooker. Windows went down and my three hairs blowing in the wind. had a time limit as my Hunny Bunny a tad under the weather and the Blue Jays were hosting Detroit. Must say the football game last night was exciting but preordained that Bayern München was going to win!
Hitting the parking lot of the first place I could smell the sweet odor of grass; not the freshly cut kind but the smoking kind. This spot to this day is still one of my least favorite places to swish. The bees were too buzzed to pollinate the flowers and the horse flies to crazy to bite. That I did not mind. For such a great day not many folks frolicking in the water but quite a few were laying on towels looking out to space. Water was super nice with even the leeches taking a day off. Six first targets netted 4 twoonies and 2 bottle tops. And that was all she wrote.
Going to the second spot I managed to get a new hood ornament in the form of a sparrow which when it hit scared the halibut out of me. I immediately pulled over and inspected Nogo who suffered no lasting affect other then a few feathers stuck in his grill. The bird....Lord only knows where it is fluttering about now!
Twenty minutes later I was finished my aquatic adventures for the day making what I make an hour on the cruise detail which I'm at tomorrow and hoping we get the holiday pay rate!
View attachment 2039408
Leslie, it appears that you did not leave empty-handed. The nice thing about Canadian money are the $1, $2 coins... Love your write up and presentation.

Last edited:

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2039408
Lol! Great story with a productive hunt. Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2039408
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions