Highbanker Help Again

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive been asking alot of questions lately, im just trying to get my new highbanker dialed in, im new to highbankers and have been doing this alone with no one but this forum to bounce ideas off of so i apologize for the number of questions. But i have one more to ask. When the water comes down from my box with my spraybars it hits the first riffle and jumps up. Will this cause significant losses and can this be fixed?
highbanker.png

When i feed material the problem remedies its self but there will be times as you know where i cant feed the material fast enough to prevent clean water from dropping down.
highbanker 2.png

Any ideas, and thanks again to any who help

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a rubber damper.make it long enough that it will (lay) on the flow,helps spread things evenly and keeps flow from getting crazy right out the gate.

OP
OP
H

Huelten

Nov 22, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
awesome, i have one but is obviously too short so thank you for the heads up!

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't cause any loss. It does that because there is no material moving behind the riffle. You noticed it stops when you feed material. Once the riffle has material dancing behind it it will slow down. You also may be running the water too hard. Slow the flow. Also run the sluice flatter. You don't want to follow the 1" to a foot drop rule when highbanking. Go about 1/2" per ft. You will have to clear material by hand a little more but gold retention will be greater.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread