Highlights from the summer of 2010

Lucas

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2010
U of A
That French spike hawk is super sweet! Just like the one in Where Two Worlds Meet. And the complete brooch: :icon_thumright:

Love the pipe too... pewter? We just had a copper one from New Hampshire in the "What is it" section.

OP
OP
bobsphotogallery

bobsphotogallery

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes it is pewter .. and from a late 1600's site ... this is my first pipe I have found like this ..

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your collection is unbelievable. I am speechless now. Do you get any pottery on these sites?

Kirk

OP
OP
bobsphotogallery

bobsphotogallery

Sep 23, 2008
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you Kurt.. I haven't spent much time looking for it .. but one would think there some laying around these sites just below the surface.
Best Regards
Robert

Lucas

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2010
U of A
bobsphotogallery said:
Yes it is pewter .. and from a late 1600's site ... this is my first pipe I have found like this ..

Very interesting... and cool. :icon_thumright:

I know of a sheet iron one from Mass. that is 1600's, and a fur trader's journal talks about the Wisconsin Ojibwe making them from tinware in 1803. Pewter ones I have never seen a date till today. :notworthy:

flintlock

Aug 6, 2007
I am always speechless everytime I see your posts Bob!!! When I get into very early spots, I always think of yours posts and think of the possibilities that certain sites can offer. Your finds are always incredible, thanks for showing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread