May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hunt started yesterday in my head & it gave me butterflies thinking about it, I just knew I was going to have a good day & when they gave out the weather report which was perfect, the game was on.
7 days ago I commented on my 'Day 6' post that this field should produce a Celtic Gold, as we had had 4 bronze & 1 silver. In fact Cru'dad got real lucky & actually predicted it before our hunt, in our usual game of 'guess the result/closest wins'. Even though I had a good feeling I wasn't going to roll the dice on today being it! (should have done though!)
The Gold fell to me (my 3rd this year!) & was just before the 1st hour. It was not far off where Land-Mag had being loosely gridding whilst we were where in scout mode. Near the big dip on the high ground near the corner.:thumbsup:
5 Hours:

19 Roman Bronze Coins
Jetton
Roman Fibula
Roman Pin
17th C Spur Buckle
Tudor Book Clasp
Henry III Hammered Cut Halfpenny
Charles I Halfgroat made into a Love Token (rare to get a hammered version!)
VERY RARE - Celtic Gold Quarter Stater of Tasciovanus 25-20 BC:headbang:

The sticky mud made it feel like 8 hours! (well worth the effort though):metaldetector:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 920
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 920
Last edited:
Upvote 67
Best of the best!!!! Your Celtic gold staters are the Banner's Banner!! Those coins are truly pieces of art.

That Celtic gold is over the top, Cru. Very nice find. Congrats.

Fantastic gold Cru! I have a lot of respect for anybody with your commitment. You and Crudad have a system that works and you stick to it. Keep doing what you do guys.

As always, great finds.:icon_thumright:

Fantastic gold Cru! I have a lot of respect for anybody with your commitment. You and Crudad have a system that works and you stick to it. Keep doing what you do guys.
True its ALL about the system, without it the results would be like any other UK detectorist.

CRUSADER my hats off to you. You guys are living the dream. What part of England do you guys hunt?
I think England is as much as I want to share. I don't want a target on my back.:thumbsup:

Wow wow wow! I love looking and reading your posts. I also hate looking and reading them too! Why? Just knowing I'll never dig and hold a coin that old! Awesome finds again! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Honestly joking aside, it's really tough to do a 3 man grid when you all do different paces. I'm much quicker than Cru'dad so I go ahead & often turn around at the end & head back to finish his run. This just doesn't work with 3 people.

That's ok, I'd be more than happy to wander on ahead of you! :laughing7:

is not far off where Land-Mag had being loosely gridding whilst we were where in scout mode. Near the big dip on the high ground near the corner.
thumbsup.gif

Thank for that !!!!!!!!!!!!:BangHead:

The detail on the gold coin is amazing. I bet if you asked your friends at T-Net we all could come and help you hunt. We could knock out a field in no time and you would not need to GPS with all our coils to the soil! haha
Nice hint Cru and Dad!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back