What's new

hinged device. Solved. Drawing compass

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,656
Reaction score
107
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Well not sure what this is, however I found it deep in the woods within 15 yards of a Federal Officers staff button. That being said I don't think its civil war era. the metal seems like some kind of tin or aluminum and I don't think it would have lasted that long. It seems like it is hinged with a rivet and meant to pivot. there is also a small metal rod protruding from one end.

I have no idea.

thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0126.webp
    IMG_0126.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0127.webp
    IMG_0127.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0128.webp
    IMG_0128.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0129.webp
    IMG_0129.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 216
Re: hinged device.

Kind of looks like a bull dog clip.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • 220px-Bulldog_Clip_2.webp
    220px-Bulldog_Clip_2.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 193
  • unnamed.webp
    unnamed.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0
Re: hinged device.

I think Woodland nailed it:


800px-Scribe_compass_A.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: hinged device.

Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
It looks like a piece of an old drawing compass
I was thinking the same. I had a similar cheap metal compass as a kid.
 
Upvote 0
Re: hinged device.

Lets see if the pencil still writes ;D
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0133.webp
    IMG_0133.webp
    26 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom