hip mount a tiger shark?

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you have to do get yourself a 2 inch wide belt and mount the control box so that the cords are facing up. This ensures the least amount of strain on the connections. As far as keeping the internals dry, just use the supplied silicone grease any time after you open the control box. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
G

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll get a plastic ,nylon belt at Lowe's. Any advice on a goo dscoop fpr sand and salt water?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willie is right about the hip mount. I mounted mine in a bag so I could hang it from my neck with the wires coming out of the bottom holes in the bag.

You might need two different types of scoops. A screened type for the dry sand sifts the sand faster. For the water many like a very heavy duty stainless steel scoop like the Diamond Head. It is high quality and one is all you'll ever need instead of 3 or 4 of the cheap ones.

Attachments

• RTG Beachmaster.jpg
    RTG Beachmaster.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Diamond Head Scoop.jpg
    Diamond Head Scoop.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 265

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread