History says Gun Control works ................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone believe that all the participants in this video can actually make a valid statement in regards to the subject at hand?

OP
OP
XLTer

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess one could if you assume they can read . ( History that is ) But , I guess you could easily make that statement against anyone you don't know personally on any subject discussed ? Sorry if I'm missing your point .

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone believe that all the participants in this video can actually make a valid statement in regards to the subject at hand?

I will stand by my question that was stated??? As for the question... of reading? Reading the video? History? LMAO...Can there be any elaboration provided into what "I guess you could easily make that statement against anyone you don't know personally on any subject discussed" refers to? Take the time to realize that I did not make a statement in any way. So.... in regards to the question EH?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more time? Does anyone believe that all the participants in this video can actually make a valid statement in regards to the subject at hand?

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
backbacon, which subject are you refering to ;the one @ mass military killings'/genocides', wars (some of which our gov't was behind, and to blame for); or the one @ gun control,civilian disarmament, and my 2nd ammendment rights; or the Fact that the gov't just purchased 26,000,000 rounds of ammo thru depts. such as DHS, FEMA, FDA, etc. What the double hockey stick does DHS need with bullets- are the kids getting that out of hand? Bring back the spanking and that problem will be resolved. IMHO. just asking

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more time? Does anyone believe that all the participants in this video can actually make a valid statement in regards to the subject at hand?

The people in the video do not matter, it is the message you should listen to. Dis-arming peaceful, hard working, law abiding tax payers, does nothing for society.:occasion17:

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
History has millions less people, no online mass social networks, and no 1000's of different types of guns. Gun Control to me means the gov't controlling their guns and turning them on child rapists and murderers.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
backbacon, which subject are you refering to ;the one @ mass military killings'/genocides', wars (some of which our gov't was behind, and to blame for); or the one @ gun control,civilian disarmament, and my 2nd ammendment rights; or the Fact that the gov't just purchased 26,000,000 rounds of ammo thru depts. such as DHS, FEMA, FDA, etc. What the double hockey stick does DHS need with bullets- are the kids getting that out of hand? Bring back the spanking and that problem will be resolved. IMHO. just asking

Are YOU kidding...? Kids now-a-days have cell phones with cameras; teacher raise his/her hand against a "child" in school, SOCIAL MEDIA is ALL OVER IT, crying CHILD ABUSE!

Last edited:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Gun control will not work as long as criminals have access to them and they will always have access to them from some source

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know how well drug control and illegal alien control has worked, no reason to think gun control wouldn't be just as successful!

Carla705

Jan 27, 2013
Santa Rosa, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know how well drug control and illegal alien control has worked, no reason to think gun control wouldn't be just as successful!

Very Good Point! I totally agree. I believe that the gun control they are proposing will only create a huge black market for the items they want to ban.
Evil people will always be able to obtain the weapons they want, regardless of government bans. Evil will always find a way to do evil. These bans and restrictions will not change that.
I understand people's outrage at the recent tragedies, however these incidents, while tragic, are conducted by infinitesimal percentage of the gun owners, in my opinion. I don't believe that regulating the masses to control the few is the correct thing to do.

~C~

~C~

OP
OP
XLTer

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gun control will not work as long as criminals have access to them and they will always have access to them from some source

Agree 100% . But , you would have to believe that ( keeping guns out of criminals hands is the real reason ) for gun control . If so , we would undoubtedly see common sence & effective laws actually being enforced ( instead of a lawyers first objective being to plea bargin away the use of a firearm in a crime ) . Then , lets not forget ( Fast & Furious ) . Also , if Semi Autos are only meant for war , please explaine logically , why FEMA & DHS need all those AR 15's & ammo ? FEMA & DHS can't be deployed out of country . Is'nt thier excuse the very reason we have Armed Forces that take an Oath to defend our country ? Or could it be that a logical citizen serving in Armed Forces may question UNCONSTITUTIONAL orders on American soil ? So the only logical question a reasonably intelligent citizen needs answered , is why would the government have a need to heavily arm large FEDERAL Agencies the DO NOT take an Oath and can't be deployed ? Please don't answer ( for practise ) . That's WAY to much ammo .

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Very Good Point! I totally agree. I believe that the gun control they are proposing will only create a huge black market for the items they want to ban.
Evil people will always be able to obtain the weapons they want, regardless of government bans. Evil will always find a way to do evil. These bans and restrictions will not change that.
I understand people's outrage at the recent tragedies, however these incidents, while tragic, are conducted by infinitesimal percentage of the gun owners, in my opinion. I don't believe that regulating the masses to control the few is the correct thing to do.

~C~

~C~

Just had a "mass run" on guns; are THOSE ppl... EVIL...?

Carla705

Jan 27, 2013
Santa Rosa, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had a "mass run" on guns; are THOSE ppl... EVIL...?

I don't believe we need more gun control. I don't believe all gun owners are evil. What my point was is that no matter what the government chooses to regulate or not regulate, those that are going to choose to do evil acts will find a way to do them. I don't believe the government can regulate that away.
~C~

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
True story, and a good point. For a fact, people will NOT obey immoral laws...never have, never will. The best examples are drugs and alcohol. We tried banning alcohol in the twenties, and it was a disaster. led to more crime, murders, etc. same thing today with drugs. It's completely immoral to tell an adult human what they can, or cannot, put in their own bodies. And, trying to do it has led to tens of thousands of deaths, and tens of thousands of people in prison, and the beat goes on. Gun control will be the same. All it will do is turn normally law-abiding people into criminals.
Jim

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
So Jim...what you and TH are advocating is that illegal alien control hasn't worked so stop trying and just let them all in. Drug control hasn't worked and nobody should be told what they can or can't put in their bodies,so legalize it and let those who want crack, Heroin, coke, PCP etc etc, have them at will. And then make dang sure they're all very well armed! ?

Sounds dangerous to me! :icon_scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread