Hit the beach this weekend for the first time since August...

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A problem with my shoulder had kept me from the beach for too long... Sunshine, not too cold and a negative tide was too much to pass up. Got there on Saturday morning much too early for the 1pm low, but what the heck. The place was sanded in big time but I figured I'd get a walk in on a nice day while I did a little swinging. To my surprise, about an hour before dead low, I found a line of targets. Clad, junk jewelry and 2 silver rings that looked like they'd been buried for a while. Also added another two dinkies to my collection :) The weirdest find was a cuff link... who wears a cuff link to the beach???

Today I was reallly geared up. Had a good day, although not as many targets as yesterday. Still I ended up with a broken sterling earring with a huge nitro, some assorted junk jewelry and another silver ring. Here's some pics...

They got my van :(
Gulls.jpg

theline.jpg

The Exp was hitting some deep targets as usual.
deephole.jpg

Here are the rings. All are 925, appear to be "old" and are in need of cleaning...
ring2.jpg

ring3.jpg

ring1.jpg

Upvote 0

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds. 3 ring day is a great comeback for being off so long.

Where abouts on the Island do you hunt?

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joe

looks like surfchurch was good today

the surfgod was glad to see u .....................i see your other feathered friends were glad to see u tooo

take care of that shoulder...................mine is better..................elbow is still elbow

take care

max

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold-digger said:
Nice finds. 3 ring day is a great comeback for being off so long.

Where abouts on the Island do you hunt?

Mostly Jones Beach since I live 10 miles from there. However, on good days during the summer, I'll hunt the north and south shores. I had the opportunity this past August to hunt the negative tides on both the north and the south on the same day. Sunrise on the north shore, go home and eat and then drive to the south shore in the afternoon. Heck, I actually paid for my Explorer, coils, X-1 in 3 days :) Best 3 days I ever took off from work :) (although any day off from work is a good day)

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gravediggermax-vabeachva said:
joe

looks like surfchurch was good today

the surfgod was glad to see u .....................i see your other feathered friends were glad to see u tooo

take care of that shoulder...................mine is better..................elbow is still elbow

take care

max

Thanks Max... Maybe next summer we can get together. Who knows? Maybe I'll make it down to your lane next summer :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is always nice to be able to get out again and enjoy the hobby. Nice bunch of rings.

Good Luck, :)

Sandman

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
Nice digs. Red tide at Brevard beaches prevented us from staying out too long (burning sinuses, etc). :P

lowtones

Aug 19, 2006
USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur , Explorer 2 ,Soverign elite,
Nice PICtures. Its nice to see someone close to my neck of the woods find good stuff
HH
LT

OP
OP
Joe G

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lowtones said:
Nice PICtures. Its nice to see someone close to my neck of the woods find good stuff
HH
LT

Well, I didn't show you all the junk I dug :) I also put in over 10 hours at the beach this past weekend and dug a ton of holes :) If you put in the time, under the right conditions, you kinda make your own "luck".

Where are you located?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions