What's new

Hit the OLD swimming this morning.........................

d2

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
my buddy and I. Same usual stuff for down here the first hour or so. .22 ball's, .45's and rifle and pistol hulls out the wazoo. We were finding pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters. I started easing towards the bank and the truck so I could get a drink when I got a great signal on my little Pirate Pro. I scooped at the signal twice and missed it. It was deeper than I thought. Third scoop brought it up and I said " I got it and it's blue " Silver coins turn blue here in the river. there it lay in the bottom of my scoop with rocks and mussels, a "holed" 1860 half. I eased it into my pocket ran the coil back over the hole and there is another signal in there. I get it on the first scoop and it's an 1859 seated liberty half. They both have "o" mint marks and these are the 2nd and 3rd seated halves we have found in this swimming. First one was an 1853 and a 1855 dime. I'm sure we will hit it again in a day or two...d2 001.webp
 
Upvote 52
That's a good day!!
 
Two good finds. I haven't broken the 1800's yet, but one of these days. Hit an old homestead this morning but the grass was too high for the coil I was using and almost got skunked except for 1 Lincoln penny. Hope to go back in a few weeks with the sniper coil and see what I can find.
 
I am coin guy, and those are killer coins! Two of them... wow. Congrats!
 
Thanks! I figure there will be a gold coin there somewhere if we can just get across it...d2
 
Congratualtions on the big silver finds! :occasion14:
 
I love those swimming holes !!! Love that freakin coin too !!
 
Two seated halves on one hunt, I'll be happy to find one in a lifetime. Awesome!!
 
Thanks! I figure there will be a gold coin there somewhere if we can just get across it...d2


I am looking for an underwater gold coin pocket spill also! Super nice halves. Good luck in your search.
 
That's an impressive haul. If they were careless enough to drop halves then Ill bet there are a bunch of dimes in there:thumbsup:
 
great saves!!
 
That's incredible, big congrats to you
 
Awesome. Makes me wonder if a cache washed out there. Civil war payroll chest?
 
I wonder if a boat sank when the water was high. This is an old crossing that was used before and during the Civil War. Small steam boats came up and down the river then during high water times in the winter. I know there is a gold coin in there some where...d2
 
No telling what is in there with finds like that. I doubt those were lost by a CW era swimmer. Those coins were too valuable at that time to go swimming with. Unless, if they were close to the bank, maybe they fell out of someone's pocket when their clothes were laying on the bank.
 
Congratz on 2 Big and old Silvers! I don't even own a Seated Liberty Half! Good job!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom