Hit the waves with Goldinwater today, I got a little sumthin sumthin!! LOL!!

tommyboy72

Aug 7, 2008
Benton,IL.62812
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Prizm IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Hello Everyone! I went out today and re-acquired permission on a little swimming spot I found and hunted last year. I called Goldinwater and invited him to come out and hunt it with me. He wasted no time in getting there and we started finding coins right away. I'll let him tell about his finds. Well, to make a long story short. I ended up pulling a silver quarter and then after about an hour of pulling clad coins, .22 casings, and lead sinkers I got a real sweet faint, deep lowtones! After the third Scoop down in the seemingly bottomless sand I clean the old leaves,shells,hardened sand, and whatnot out of the scoop and I see the glint of gold! Turns out it's a 10k ring with a really pretty Opal in it. It has to have been down there a long time as it was actually stained very badly. I cleaned it up with some polish and a toothbrush and it came out nice. So anyway, here are the pics from today, and I shot a little bit of video that I will post on youtube tonight or in the morning. take care, and happy hunting. 101_6192.JPGIMAG0541.jpgIMAG0542.jpgIMAG0544.jpg

Upvote 0
Congratulation!!

It did clean up nice, WTG Tommyboy

Thats a nice ring tommy! How come I didn't get a call! LOL

I love the stone in that ring!

Nice job, tommyboy!

Lorraine

Thats a nice ring tommy! How come I didn't get a call! LOL

Ron it was hard enough for me to stay out of the water until Chris got there! There is no way I could have waited five or six hours for you to get there. LOL!!!

Very nice ring find Tommy...congratulations.
The stone really has some fire to it in the pic.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back