Hitting the beach with gravediggermax-vabeachva 26 Jan 2013

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with max today for a few hours to see what we could pull off the beach. I was able to get a silver earing, a quarter, 2 dimes, 3 pennies, a few pulltabs and a stainless steel pipe. Hopefully max had better luck on his return trip back down the other direction!
20130126_160428.jpg 20130126_160520.jpg 20130126_160850.jpg

Had a package waiting for me when I got back with my rapoo wireless headphones that I purchased off e-bay. Been hunting with headphones and earbuds but it was one more wire across my gear and was getting annoying so we will see how these work. If I do ever put the Minelab Sovereign GT in some sort of a waterproof box or case that that will be one less hole to cut and seal. Headphones themselves will have to stay high and dry though as I'm sure they wouldn't do to well taking a bath!

Upvote 1

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we had a fairly good spin today.
got email from the fast man and he worked graymatter city and dug 90 pieces today - that is alot of graymatter.
check with u for surfchurch spin in the a.m.

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Met up with max today for a few hours to see what we could pull off the beach. I was able to get a silver earing, a quarter, 2 dimes, 3 pennies, a few pulltabs and a stainless steel pipe. Hopefully max had better luck on his return trip back down the other direction!
View attachment 731355 View attachment 731356 View attachment 731357

Had a package waiting for me when I got back with my rapoo wireless headphones that I purchased off e-bay. Been hunting with headphones and earbuds but it was one more wire across my gear and was getting annoying so we will see how these work. If I do ever put the Minelab Sovereign GT in some sort of a waterproof box or case that that will be one less hole to cut and seal. Headphones themselves will have to stay high and dry though as I'm sure they wouldn't do to well taking a bath!

You gotta let us know how those headphones work.

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grog, tried the headphones for a few seconds today but was having some problems with a delay or them 2 devices not syncing or something. Didn't try to troubleshoot or anything, just switched to wired headphones and move out on the beach. Tried them at home on the computer with no issues, was able to walk across the room and still hear the music clearly. Will have another go with the headphones later on with the sov gt and try to get a better read on what happened with them. Wonder if there is a delay from the detector to the wireless unit and then the headphones or just having too many signals/sounds to push at one time. I will investigate this further and get back to you. Really hope these will work but still reserving judgement. More to follow in the next few days.....

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Appreciate the feedback (no pun intended). I hope you figure it out. If you do, let me know how the battery life works out for you too. Thanks again.

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do man. I have more for ya later this week....

Findersweepers

Nov 11, 2012
Lakeland Fl
Detector(s) used
ATPro,pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Doc, I use TDK wireless and i have no delay as far as i can tell. When I went wireless there were many postings on the subject that you needed to get a add on from radio shack. volume control piece.
013.jpg 017.jpg 019.jpg
some velcro and your good to go. I also use recharge energizer I get a month or so before they need recharge. Hope this helps. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread