What's new

Hitting the sliver mine

Steve L.

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
407
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vienna, ME
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
I went to my favorite bank and picked up four boxes yesterday. This bank has been really good to me and I've always come up with some silver. ;D Of all the boxes I've picked up there, I've only been skunked once.
I finished sorting them today. The report follows:
Box 1: 2x 90% (a 1963-D Franklin and a 1964 Kennedy); and 9x 40% (2x 1967, 4x 1968-D, 3x 1969-D, and a 1970-D).
Box 2: 5x 90% (another nice 1963-D Franklin and 4x 1964 Kennedy's); and 9 x 40% (a 1966, a 1967, 5x 1968-D, and 2x 1969-D).
Box 3: 8x 40% (4x 1967, 1x 1968-D, and 3x 1969-D).
Box 4: 12x 40% (4x 1967, 4x 1968-D, and 4x 1969-D).

The best part of this post has nothing to do with my finds. I was home a few weeks ago and worked with my father sorting out his coins. I don't get home often, and that eats at me. When I am home it's always for too short a time. Dad and I had talked some about Coin Roll Hunting before, but it was easier to explain face to face. Any way, when I called home tonight he was excited to give me his first report. He hit a supermarket bank branch and picked up $30 in rolls. The total score: 5x 90% and 4x 40%! He hit another branch and picked up $30 more in rolls. Score again, more silver including a 1956 Franklin.

I am thrilled for him. I think he's hooked.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate my on-line friends here at the Treasure Net. I wish you all the best in your hunts! God bless you.
Steve L.
 

Attachments

  • Four Boxes Results.webp
    Four Boxes Results.webp
    103 KB · Views: 536
  • Seven 90s and thirty-nine 40s June 27.webp
    Seven 90s and thirty-nine 40s June 27.webp
    127.2 KB · Views: 539
Upvote 0
Steve

Congrats on a great silver find.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: For your dad !

Cheers
 
NNNIIICCCEEE!!! great job on those boxes, wish mine were that good!!! also, ur dad did GREAT!!! good luck and hh.
 
That's quite a nice find for 4 boxes :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The pics are great.
HH
Rich
 
Wow!!! Nice boxes. Where is this bank again? :laughing9:
 
Nice score on the silver. Enjoy your dad while you can, mine has been gone for nine years.

HH to all,
Legend.
 
nice pics and finds. glad you can share with your dad. my step dad understands it, but wants me to go get a girl instead. mom understands too and likes to sometimes takes some coins for her collection but neither are willing to search.
 
Good story, Steve. Congrats to you and your dad.

I'm jealous of the silver mine you've found :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom