🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
jeff of pa said:
Can you still go to the Hardware & Buy a "Hoe" ?

Maybe... but you'd better be really careful how you ask for these:

files.jpg

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JO JO JO in Spanish ;D

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I heard that story on Fox News this morning...this is getting so *$(% ridiculous....

I will continue to HO HO HO...and in my house....it's MERRY CHRISTMAS, not Happy Holidays! And if I choose to place a manger scene or a cross on my front lawn....I shall do so! It's my religious beliefs and if you are offended by that....don't drive down my street....!!!!

I am tired of a few who get offended by the slightest comment, sound, picture, etc....and everyone has to change for that one person (or few people)....

I have been offended by a few things in life, but it has not affected my life that I DEMANDED others change theirs to fit mine!!!! Get over it!! GEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Heck, I survived 20 years in the MAN'S NAVY!!!!!!!!! That's an achievement if you ask me! LOL ;)

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
jeff of pa said:
Can you still go to the Hardware & Buy a "Hoe" ?

Maybe... but you'd better be really careful how you ask for these:

Tales From the Politically Correct Side:

Today I said hello to a postperson and almost fell in a person-hole-cover on my way to work. After I got in my car, I passed a road sign in front of some cones that said "Persons at Work."

Seriously...In Germany and Austria, there has been some debate about the phrase "Auf Wiedersehen," which literally means "I'll see you later." Some folks thought that this form of goodbye was inappropriate for use with a person who was blind. They advocated using the phrase one uses when they say goodbye over the phone, which is "Auf Wiederhören" (which means "I'll HEAR you later"). Then some people in the blind community said that they wanted to be treated normally like everyone else. Still others agreed that the first one was inappropriate. So the end result is that both sides are now self-conscious when this situation arises. ::)

Sometimes being politically correct goes way too far.

When I walk into a hardware store, I usually just ask 'em for a board stretcher and two gallons of plaid paint. ;)

-Buckles

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Gotta laugh about it all...

Read the book, by Diane Ravitch; The Language Police: How Pressure Groups Restrict What Students Learn ... it speaks to these very types of things with specific examples... and the worst offenders, our schools and universities.

This following (edited) list of banned words and stereotypes is an abridgement of a lengthy glossary compiled by a historian from bias guidelines issued by major educational publishers and state agencies. The guidelines are used by writers, editors, and illustrators when preparing textbooks and tests for K-12 students.

PBK? Is this true?

Adam and Eve (replace with "Eve and Adam," to demonstrate that males do not take priority over females)
Blind, the (banned as offensive, replace with "people who are blind")
Blind leading the blind, the (banned as handicapism)
Bookworm (banned as offensive, replace with "intellectual")
Boys' night out (banned as sexist)
Busybody (banned as sexist, demeaning to older women)
Cassandra (banned as sexist)
Chief Sitting Bull (banned as relic of colonialism; replace with "Tatanka Iyotake")
... etc...
See more @ http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/education/ed0190.html
In addition... writers are also asked to avoid the following sterotypes, images, text, and passages in testing materials:

Girls and Women / Boys and Men: Images to avoid

Women portrayed as teachers, mothers, nurses, and/or secretaries

Women of achievement who are domineering, aggressive, lacking in desirable personal attributes

Women aging less gracefully than men

...etc...

So, He - Ho - Ha - Har -or even LOL... will prolly be banned soon anyway in our children's text books... it's gonna be a metro-world very soon. :(

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
Heck with it, everyone repeat after me......

YARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

:D

Works for Me

!!!!a.JPG

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
As a direct descendant of pirates (well, okay... Arkie sharecroppers), I must protest this ethnically and culturally insensitive post.

Now hand over the treasure!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Merry Halloween and a Happy Christmas to all! Yarrrrrr!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Geff With the Hardware i got ,i need more than one HOE P.S Not allow to sit on Santa,s knee anymore either :-X :-X :-X

t.p

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
YARRRRRRR!!!!!!!! HO,HO,HO ;D next trip to home depot,i'm gonna ask where do you keep them b@stard files? ;D

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comedy Central is the perfect place for this post...for all this PC crap is becoming a JOKE...but its become too serious to laugh at....absolutely ridiculous...I am almost afraid to ask whats next?? >:(

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Merry Christmas Everyone!

ditto....or you can say Happy Hanukah, Happy Ramadan, Mele Kalikama, Felice Navidad etc. or whatever you believe...it doesn;t offend me... ;D

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Don't forget to buy your Family Tree ;D

Attachments

• !!lowes%20(2).jpg
    !!lowes%20(2).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 257

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I think I'll skip the family tree. There's tons of Christmas tree farms around here! :)

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Are you suggesting we should hang our shiny festive decorative balls on the tree????? :P :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread