Hohokam Stone Axe

AZ_Gold

Jan 29, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this about 3 years ago. A friend, who knew I was interested in artifacts, called and told me they had just plowed a field on his uncle's ranch. In the past he had found arrowheads and pottery shards there, and new stuff popped up whenever they plowed it.

I rushed over there and walked the rows ... and about a third of the way into the field I found this:

HohokamAxe.jpg

HohokamAxe_side.jpg

At the time I was kind of excited about it, but since it was broken (and I had no idea what it really was) I wasn't all that excited. My friend had said it's "native american".

It wasn't until this morning that I realized this is ancient! I've been researching Hohokam artifacts (there are several verified Hohokam camp sites in this area) and I found some identical stone axes and suddenly realized what I had. Now it's my favorite find, even if it is broken. :D

Upvote 0

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep looking, you may find the rest, it's happened to me! (even a blind squirrel finds a nut) post
Chances are pretty good the rest is still there somewhere

OP
OP
AZ_Gold

AZ_Gold

Jan 29, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flintmel said:
(even a blind squirrel finds a nut)

:laughing7:

Flintmel & joshuaream- I looked and looked and looked... then looked some more. I couldn't do any major digging because they were about to plant the field.

But now I think I'll go back and look again. Thanks guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread