Holy crap it is cold outside... And I am in Florida... sheesh. How cold are you ?

this is yesterday's clean up, much more on the way.

DSC00822.JPG
DSC00823.JPG
DSC00824.JPG
DSC00825.JPG
DSC00835.JPG
DSC00829.JPG
DSC00833.JPG

Absolutely balmy here today...reached +15...throw another log on the fire Limit, I'm an my way South.....Gary

Come on down Gary.... We'll go the woodshop and build ya something!!!! Suppose to be near 50 here by Sunday!!!!

Yap thats cold for FL!!! I'm in southwest FL. I'm still going but I wear a 5mil wet suit!!!! lol

6 degrees out.. My son's metal detector just arrived yesterday. He is so eager to get out and find his treasure. I let him go out yesterday after it arrived for a few minutes and he came back with 2 modern bullet casings. Well I gotta go find the duct tape to keep inside until it warms up a few more degrees.

Map is bunk, there is nothing strange going on other than normal weather patterns and they have changed very little.......Orlando and Philippines both should be butt deep in snow according to map...

I remember many times when it was in the low teens in Florida in the late 50s and early 60s..... I have seen snow in Florida in mid 1970s and not talking flurries, talking 2-3".

Tallahassee had -2F, Atlanta was -9F, Dallas had -8F, there was blizzard reported just north of Tampa from ocean effect snow. Port of New Orleans was completely iced over, this was in 1899, 116 years ago, if this happen now some would be running around screaming it's the end of the world......ROFLMBO....

I have lived in Minot, North Dakota, I know cold weather too....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blizzard_of_1899

Some people look for things to worry about, life is too short for me to worry about it. I probably want be around 116 years from now to say "told you so"....;-)

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Last edited:
Still minus -35 wind chill here supposed to get up to 19 by half time tomorrow! Rogers is 100% cowboys about to fall into the FROZEN TUNDRA!

Actually warm here around 20F, this is a pic of a mild lake effect snow shower, sometimes you cant see the houses across the street I will try to get picks of that, we are going to get socked here today.

DSC00872.JPG

Jeff... tis funny... you can always tell the northerners here... when you go to breakfast or whatever and they are in a T-shirt and shorts... with white legs.

Jeff... tis funny... you can always tell the northerners here... when you go to breakfast or whatever and they are in a T-shirt and shorts... with white legs.

I have been wearing t shirts all week and shorts most times plus the top of my sports car is down when I drive. It comes from living in the North for over 25 years.....

Once you have experienced cold, temps in the 40s-50s seem like a nice spring day. .

I have been wearing t shirts all week and shorts most times plus the top of my sports car is down when I drive. It comes from living in the North for over 25 years.....

Once you have experienced cold, temps in the 40s-50s seem like a nice spring day. .

I'm not a Shorts Person. Mainly because My Legs would make Mosquito Throw up :laughing7:
AARC .. Pure White :tongue3:

But when I get cold it is between the Waste & Neck

Some Northerners believe in Long Underware, I think they are a waste of money.

this Time of year I wear a T shirt, a Sweat Shirt over it, & a Hoodie
in all types of weather . Yes I still freeze but it's what I do

I'm not a Shorts Person. Mainly because My Legs would make Mosquito Throw up :laughing7:

I wear shorts and t-shirts probably 350 days a year in Florida......

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

Oh I forgot to add... While I am laughing at the guy in the T-shirt and shorts with white legs...
That same guys is laughing back at me...
Because I am wearing a parka and snowboarding bibs and cannot even see my face or eyes and cannot tell if I am white or black heh...(jk)

Last edited:
People complain sometimes when visiting because I have my backdoor to my screened in patio open for fresh air. After all it is in the mid 50s...

― James Madison

of course this is my "Brave the Insanity & Go out & burn the Trash & start My Car, Gangsta Look"

DSCF0003.JPG

it hasn't been my "do My banking" look yet though.

Last edited:

Well in Florida your legs would not make a mosquito throw up...
They will eat your white legs just fine down here.
In fact they say that mosquito's are attracted to darker colors...
So you are cool... no throw up man. heh
If someone comes up to you while on vacation down here and says "hey man your legs are white"..
You can reply real cool like with "yeah been working on this for mosquito protection".

Speaking of wearing shorts, I wear shorts when the temperature is in the 50s and often with flip flops. I absolutely hate wearing long pants. Just tonight I had to go pick up my son from a friends house and it was about -3* but I still wore shorts. Of course the car was prewarmed up and had the heated seats on high. Lol

Sent from a empty soda can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back