Holy crap it is cold outside... And I am in Florida... sheesh. How cold are you ?

Eight below this morning. Went out to burn one and ice between deck boards popped so loud I levitated!
Trees and other boards were popping through the night. Has not been real far below in quite a while but one sugar maple bears a healed scar that split it so bad one half the top died. Slight breeze but chickadees still active despite their not tolerating any wind when it is real cold out. So they say it's a fine mornin.

Eight below this morning. Went out to burn one and ice between deck boards popped so loud I levitated!
Trees and other boards were popping through the night. Has not been real far below in quite a while but one sugar maple bears a healed scar that split it so bad one half the top died. Slight breeze but chickadees still active despite their not tolerating any wind when it is real cold out. So they say it's a fine mornin.

Sheeesh...brrrrrrrrrrrr. nnnnnnnnn onnnnununununn un nun.
I went snowboarding 15 years ago or so in Arapaho A basin...
Friggin blizzard blew in...
Went outside to "burn one"...
Was like sucking wet ice crystals...
Then...
Went to go back in...
Door was locked...
I started beating on the door...
No one was up yet...
So I started freaking out... because house was on side of friggin cliff...
I am on back porch 30+ feet above the slopping ground into the friggin wilderness rock face...
AND ... I am half dressed because I has just woke up...
HAve already been outside long enough to smoke and was already freezing cold...
I beat harder.... nothing....
I look back at wood...
Then the real noise started... heh
Someone woke up :)
She was a hot little lawyer...
And she opens the door and says...
Why are you out here?...
Di you make the coffee yet ?

I forgot the one part...
The part when I looked up and saw a thermometer...
13 below 0

Last edited:
Yup this is starting to wear on me a bit. -18 wind chill this am.
image.jpg
Had to bust out the LL Bean coat for my lil baby girl.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Well...............-17 here this morning, but no wind, big deal, its still cold!! Mid 30's this weekend!!!

Minus 8. Bloody cold you know!

Perfect weather this morn again...
Out the door in few to detect an old haunt beach I haven't been to in at least 20 years.
Was at nearby to this beach yesterday...
Found Supermans sterling silver ring yesterday...
Hoping to find Wonder Womans today :)

Will post a pic today of yesterdays and todays finds beings it is my New Years resolution to "begin posting finds".

Hmmmm, right now 28 degrees and freezing rain! Not a great thing to have. I live central NC. Now I just moved back to area (born and raised here) from living in the NC mountains for last 13 years. Now I saw weather there last year that we were some days the actual temp. was in the negatives. I remember 2008 and 2009 Christmas snows at 2 feet! So I have seen cold for sure but the older I get I am begining to hate frigid temps! I use to like it........at almost 45 years of age my bones begin to ache more and more!

18 Below last week with 27 below wind chill factor. This week 18 inches of snow in 24 hours. Normal stuff for this area of Montana.

Woke up this morning and had a thin layer of this white stuff covering my deck and yard everywhere. I can't believe it!!!!! Then found out I have 3 more orders for my Toy Boxes and I'm out of wood pellets for my stove. My shop is colder then hell. So I called around and NOBODY close has them. Won't again till next season!!!! NEXT SEASON...?? Hell, we have 2-3 more months of cold weather yet!!!! I have to fix breakfast and hit the road quickly. Sound some pellets 70-80 miles south of me... I'm going to LOAD UP THE COLBALT!!!!!

Woke up this morning and had a thin layer of this white stuff covering my deck and yard everywhere. I can't believe it!!!!! Then found out I have 3 more orders for my Toy Boxes and I'm out of wood pellets for my stove. My shop is colder then hell. So I called around and NOBODY close has them. Won't again till next season!!!! NEXT SEASON...?? Hell, we have 2-3 more months of cold weather yet!!!! I have to fix breakfast and hit the road quickly. Sound some pellets 70-80 miles south of me... I'm going to LOAD UP THE COLBALT!!!!!

Lol! I would rent a uhaul and go get a couple tons! I am going to buy another ton this weekend and that will put me at five ton this season. But I'm heating 2500 square feet. Saving me thousands of dollars every year!
Here is a pic of my temp readout this morning...
14544cb571e196eb412f3fbeb06d238a.jpg

Sent from a empty soda can!

-14 here yesterday, it's actually above 0 already today and about 40 for the weekend. If we could melt this snow off I might be able to dig a hole again someday.

I had -17° Tuesday morning but have experienced -30° in years past. My vehicle makes all kinds of funny noises when you start it at that temperature. Sidevalve45

yea I have to go get some rock salt this morning yet.

I stepped out back to scrape my dinner plate leftovers off for the birds last night .
when I turned around to walk back in the house, I stepped on the ice wrong.
plate went in the air as I contorted in all types of positions trying not to break Me again.

I sprained my right leg, right arm, left upper arm as I hit the concrete on my Back
with my right leg behind and under me :(

first thing I thought about was did I break My Left ankle again :o

luckily the plate got the worst of it

DSCF0002.JPG

yea I have to go get some rock salt this morning yet.

I stepped out back to scrape my dinner plate leftovers off for the birds last night .
when I turned around to walk back in the house, I stepped on the ice wrong.
plate went in the air as I contorted in all types of positions trying not to break Me again.

I sprained my right leg, right arm, left upper arm as I hit the concrete on my Back
with my right leg behind and under me :(

first thing I thought about was did I break My Left ankle again :o

luckily the plate got the worst of it

View attachment 1105907

Glad your ok Jeff! This is why I'm going to change zip codes eventually! Florida here I come!

2 below at sunup today and a high of 31 today, which is moderate for this part of the country. We get some 30 and 40 below temps, but not as much as in the past. The warmest I've ever seen it here in summer in Summit County was 81 degrees, and that set a record. When the cold starts to depress me, I remember choppin cotton in SW Oklahoma when it was a 105 out, and think it ain't so bad.

Glad your ok Jeff! This is why I'm going to change zip codes eventually! Florida here I come!

LOL :laughing7:

200 lbs of rock salt $26.50 not too bad.

DSCF0002(1).JPG

I guess I should be buying 4 Bags a month & stocking up.
depending on my need,
By now I'd have a Ton'ish

22 degrees here now, Ice was melting almost as fast as I was spreading it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back