What's new

Honey Hole Finds and ?s

pointshunter

Full Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
146
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Location
ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honey Hole Finds and ?'s

Well I haven't been out in a while due to having an pneumonia . Finally my sis came over and we headed out to the best place I know. We dug all over the top of the hill but still only found stuff on the side that's eroding away . Which perplexes me . We dug at least a 1ft and a half and found not. But when we dangled over the embankment we found all kinds of flakes and partially worked pieces . But I did find pottery in one of our holes and a horseshoe in another.

image-3645464837.webp



image-2574354665.webp



image-3553844839.webp



image-4028196363.webp





image-2552814788.webp
Also found some old broken bottles of bitters but since they were broke I didn't bother with them.

Also
 
Upvote 0
I know their nothing great but they are great to me.
 
I keep all artifacts that have been used and worked. It is a hit and miss on finding them. Go 2 ft in the wrong direction and nothing is there go 2 ft in the other direction and everything is there. I call it the hot and cold game, lol. You did great and just stay where they are at till you dont find anymore. Then move to another place and hope.
 
Obviously, you are in the right area. Keep hunting & good luck.
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
Ty I'm gonna try to get back soon.
 
You don't find anything if you don't look. You are obviously in a good area. Good luck in future hunts.
 
Do not be perplexed. You are on the right track. Where you are digging is probably the habitation site. There is just not going to be anything much on the top unless it was inhabited for many thousands of years. Think of it like a camp site that was kept clean and comfortable on the feet and then you have the dump site or trash pile on the side of the hill where you chunk everything out of the camp out of the way. Dig the trash pit. On top where you found the horse shoe you might dig and find charcoal and fire pits. Sometimes you get stuff from them but many have fire pop fractures. The side of the hill is the honey hole. You might probe the top and find the pits but I would only do that after the side of the hill played out. Each camp had its own rhythm as far as what went where. I was taught long ago if you have two fields side by side and one is full of rocks and the other is smooth hunt the smooth field first. It was the comfortable spot. Nobody wants to live on a lot of rocks. Keep us posted and good luck.
Oh yeah finding that horse shoe and old bitter bottles I would metal detect the top. Caucasians were sloppy and nothing should be deeper than say eight inches maybe.They lost lots of cool relics. :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom